Now WHAT ?? (Picking a flower from the Forest)

BUDDY3

Just my take. (Have lived in Sydney with my wife for 5-6 years).

Don't let her sit around home alone too much.

Find a place to buy ingrediants for Thai cooking. Surprisingly Sydney has a Thai town, though small. Perth will have an Asian area with some shops that sell Thai brands/veggies etc. I think most guys have found TGs are much happier when they can eat Thai food most of the time.

If she is to be left alone a lot consider enrolling her in some part time classes. That way she keeps occupied and meets people. Any topic that interests her.

Be wary of other Thais. I know this sounds wierd but my wife has had bad experiences with Thais living here in Sydney. Not all bad, but about 80% !. Not sure what happens to Thai women when they marry a Farang and live overseas. But they seem to get very bitchy and continually compare their status and material things to others around them. All about my husband does this, we have xyz car, live in this suburb. Who gives a shit about all that crap? We don't. So we tend to avoid them and the bull shit :-)

She will get homesick. Once I discovered phone cards I saved a fortune and kept my wife happier. She calls home every night for anything between 10 mins and an hour. Only costs me about $50/month. Well worth it. And lets her keep in touch with family and just sit and chit chat about nothing.....which as we all know, they need to do......frequently.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You will find the Thai gals will do all the house work without any prompting.....

Mate. I seem to have the one girl in the whole of Thailand who hates house work :-( Her Mum and dad always did it! But she does have other redeeming qualities thank goodness :-)

Guys. Please tell me I'm not alone in this ! :-)

"...Be wary of other Thais. I know this sounds wierd but my wife has had bad experiences with Thais living here in Sydney. Not all bad, but about 80% !. Not sure what happens to Thai women when they marry a Farang and live overseas. But they seem to get very bitchy and continually compare their status and material things to others around them. All about my husband does this, we have xyz car, live in this suburb. Who gives a shit about all that crap? We don't. So we tend to avoid them and the bull shit :-)..."

Funny you say that, many of the guys I know here who married Thais say the same thing, as do many of the TGs I know here. Though I think that is a cultural thing maybe? or maybe just human nature, Filipinos do the same, as do many American people. Seems very important to strut your stuff so to speak.

Archived