Dynasty Inn, Pattaya

SpiceMan

This mid-price hotel was opened in 2003 and is very similar to the Dynasty Inn in Bangkok. The hotel is very well located (Soi 13) and is just across 2nd road from the new shopping mall. At the other end of the road (200 meters) is the beach. The hotel is 250 meters from Royal Garden and a short distance from Mike's shopping mall. a beer bar is located just 20 meters away which can be noisy until 2am if you are at the front. There are many beer bars and some gogo bars within 200 meters.

The rooms have a queen sized bed. The bathrooms have no bath but there is an excellent walk in shower large enough for you and a friend. The hotel is guest friendly for 1 visitor but if you bring more than 1 you will have to pay 300 baht each for the others. The hotel lobby has free wi-fi which also extends to rooms 201 to 213. The restaurant is open 24 for hours and serves inexpensive Thai and western food.

The Dynasty in BKK offers a free mini-bus service to Pattaya as long as you stay in the Pattaya hotel for at least 2 nights. If you bring somebody with you it is 500 baht and 500 baht for the return journey. The website is here

• 2 weeks later...

I always stay at the Dynasty Grande in BKK and take the free shuttle to the Dynasty INN Pattaya.

The Grand is quite a bit more. about 90-100 USD per night. But has a great location, right near NEP. Large rooms. Free hi speed in room, great pool, large/clean gym. I have no problems with the INN, pattaya. I look at it as a beach area, so staying in a smaller room is no problem. I do like the fact thay have in room safe now. In 2006 they did not. Plus the hotel across the street has a decent buffet breakfast and offer a buffet dinner as well.

Archived