How about this then.....

An old cnut from Oz called Dumsoda

Met a girl, in a Bar, whilst not sober

She was "perfect" 'twas said

and turned many a head

A shame half the world paid...and then rode her

Cheers DS

Class 555555

Gotta love a guy who can laugh at himself, as the old saying goes laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone.

Keep on Laughing DC!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thing is this. I need some feedback as to whether or not weâ??d get enough entries to make it fun and worthwhile. Iâ??d like to see at least 20 entrants. Maybe limit the thing to 3 entries per contestant.

Well, according to the poll, the best we could expect is about 10 entrants. :( There are obviously some clever wordsmith's on the board, so I hate to dismiss the idea entirely.

I'm gonna have limited access to the board in about 10 days from now while I'm on a road trip and occupied with other "things". Maybe about the 2nd week of May I'll get a contest going. In the meantime, start working on your creations. Rules are pretty simple: conform to limerick syntax; maximum of 3 entries per person; must have at least 20 posts on this board as of this date (to keep cheaters from signing up new board names to gain an advantage of submitting more than 3 entries :) ) subject matter must relate to the LOS and/or the board. I won't enter the contest and I will be the final judge on any issues that might develop. First prize is 1500 baht, second prize is 1000 baht, 3rd prize is 500 baht. The contest must have at least 20 entries to be valid. Any comments are welcome, but I might say "cram it" 5555555

So...start penning your classics and I'll post here when/where to submit them. I'll post them in one section with the authors anonymous and a voting poll in another subject.

HH

Thanks Hugh,

Please don't tell me I've won a Bar Fine....LOL...especially at a place I don't talk about :yikes::stirthepo:banghead::stirthepo:yikes:

2 years ago, 1 solitary BF was the "Start of the End"....for DC....lol

That may be all behind him now.....only time will tell....farkn "Crashes on the Highway"....again!!!!

...But a BF might just start it all again....shit I should buy a Yearly ticket....LOL

Cheers DC

Well, I hope you didn't shoot your "wad" with the one you posted. Of course, you could enter it in the contest, I guess. I'm sure you can come up with some others. In the meantime, just for you:

Iâ??ve traveled the Sisaket highway

While on many a merry holiday

With its many curves

I neglected to swerve

The crash site is marked with a bouquet

So, if you win, you can always order your favorite flowers in advance with your winnings. 5555555

HH

Gotta love a guy who can laugh at himself, as the old saying goes laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone.

Keep on Laughing DC!

Thanks mate,

I'm trying, but it's just a tad difficult this week....heard "on the grapevine" there's been another nose to tail on the SSK highway and from all accounts there are 2 major casualties!!!

...Who knows, from all accounts they are both "Survivor's Thailand"...so they might just pull through.....but the prognosis is not looking good!!....still...if all it takes is a little "Panel Beating"....anything could happen....lol

Cheers DC

Archived