YouTube problem

Julian2

I've been having a great run with YouTube but now most of the clips just won't play, even stuff I've watched before and added to favorites.

I uninstalled the Adobe flash thingy and downloaded the latest version but still no luck.

The little whirly circle comes on and just goes on and on.

Then if some of them work it is normally not your plugins.

Which browser to do you use and OS?

I had the same problem a few weeks ago but it was

jsut after I updated my browser and it seems that the plugins update was not done correctly.

Hi,

"stick to IE and you'll get none of this nonsense!"

Right. Of course a lot of stuff doesn't work on IE either. We made some Flash for a customer yesterday and had to spend an extra hour of fixing things so IE7 could handle it correctly. Never encounter those kind of issues when dealing with Firefox.

Sanuk!

Well. This may be greeted by derision in some quarters but due to the good offices of Lazyphil I appear to have alleviated, if not fixed, the problem.

Taking his advice I opened IE and went to YouTube.

Not only would it not play anything it wouldn't even make the effort.

BUT. It did say that I needed Flashplayer thingy to use YouTube. Now I knew this because I had followed Youtube Help's instructions, deleted FP and reinstalled the version it directed me to.

IE directed me to a different version which appears to be better, if not 100% perfect at playing the clips.

So it's a Flash Player problem. How can I get it to play all the clips. I want to watch Linda Ronstadt sing "It Doesn't Matter Anymore".

Archived