Cities not to miss in Europe?

drogon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brussels, antwerp, Gent ????

You are joking please (I am Belgian)

:beer: :grin:

Still very nice cities, especially for somebody who hasn't been there yet. I'd also add Brugge better than Neeroeteren just to mention something!

The Ardennes are also beautifull. The Sunday market in Liege/Luik??

Maastricht is still a good bet, Koeln, Berlin, Munchen and once in Amsterdam, Scheveningen would be a nice side trip to the beach.

How much time do you have?

LP and Munchie, Skoozie, Very correct, seeing some English and Scottish countryside is a must, Italy - how could you miss it? Much closer than Budapest, Venice, Florence, Pisa, all great cities/towns. No need to go as far south as Rome.

I remember going through a similar process, wanting to show a girlfriend from Brisbane Queensland a real British pub. Drove of the ferry from Holland into a Brit port, drove of into the country side, found a quaint looking pub, the "Cobbler's Nuts" or something like that, smoke coming from the chimney, images in my head how she'll think it so cute with the fireplace etc.

Walk in, Wall to Floor bunting, posters and coasters for XXXX, the beer from Brisbane Queensland.

"Not that different from home" was her thought. :(

I konw my own country quite well, but Brussels, Gent or Antwerp (I did not include Bruges)

can not decently compete with cities like Venise, Munich or Prague.

This is true that I do not care for my roots or why would I have been an expat almost all my life.

Actually I doubt your knowledge as there is no need for any city to compete against another.

They all stand out for their own unique reasons.

Your GF will be missing out, as have you.

Also nobody mentioned Paris yet, the most beautiful city of the world.

Then again, you hate the French :(

C'est dommage.

Archived