Cities not to miss in Europe?

drogon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said that Paris was on the list.

Of course every city has something for it but in 15 days I do not plan to go to Antwerp or Gent -> especially since I do not want her to witness the nationalism/xenophobia which is very present in these cities.

Vienna is a great idea, thanks Julian2.

Guess it will be something like a few citytrips

- Paris

- Amsterdam

- Vienna

- Munich

maybe a city in Italy (unfortunately seems that all flights and hotels in Venise are fully booked, is there the film festival in June?)

I like Art -> she does not

Munich is a city where we can spend 2 days while Florence (except if you are interested by museums) does not deserve 2 days.

Been to Firenze for 7 days and enjoyed every moment passed visiting the domo and museums....

This trip is not a cultural trip but rather a superficial intimate trip.

-> I deserve it too after having spent 8 years of my life visiting only museums.

Stay in the small towns outside of Venezia (Venice), as it will be much cheaper and Venice has trains and buses going to it, so easy access.

I stayed in Magerhera for three years. It was just outside Venice with lots of great places to eat.

From there take the train to Roma (Rome). The hotels will be expensive in Rome but when you arrive at the train station in Rome, there will be tour agents who *** really *** work for the city of Rome and can provide you with cheaper hotels to stay at.

From Rome, take the bus/boat tour to Naples and the Isle of Capri.

...and then there is southern Germany (Bavaria)...great food, beer, castles...

I stayed once on Murano, excellent service and quite good comfort.

Could get good rates too in June unfortunately all flights to either Marco Polo or Trevise airport are fully booked......

Also stayed at Mestre.

I thought about going to Capri with her (only been there twice) especially as the view from the imperial villa is great.

Napoli: Not sure as it seems their garbage problems are not completely solved.

(and I do not want her to think Europe is a big garbage dump)

if you want to get out of mainland Europe then i would agree with Edinburgh.

hire a car and visit the highlands.....fantastic.

but in mainland Europe then Paris is a must.

Venice is ok but my mind is clouded as it rained for the 3 Days i was there and not really that enjoyable being wet all the time.

but i was lucky to be staying with Venitian friends and i saw many things that tourists never see.

but my top tip woul be Stockholm.

the most beautiful City i have ever een and lots to do,but VERY expensive.

Archived