Thai House Inn

rickfarang

1206972623.jpg

At 700 Baht per night, I didn't expect a lot from a hotel in this prime location. It seems that the room is appropriately priced. I recommend it.

Features:

:thumbup: Low price

:thumbup: Great staff. No worries about security.

:thumbup: NEW CARPETS!!! The walls have been refinished. (no longer smells)

:thumbup: Free internet and Wi-Fi!

:thumbup: Refrigerator in most rooms.

:thumbup: Free drinking water.

:thumbdown: No TV (but are you there to watch TV?)

:thumbdown: No view to speak of.

:thumbdown: Being in the center of nightlife, the sound of people partying can be heard all night.

I have stayed here four or five times. Sometimes,and have always been satisfied with the hotle and its staff.

The air conditioning is adequate. They only accept cash for payment. There is no room service. The rooms are small, but big enough to sleep, read, and shower.

There is a chance of walking past the hotel without knowing it (indeed, you probably have done so many times.) The sign over the front door is obscured by the awning that grew over the soi, but you can see it if you walk down the soi looking straight up. Through the door and front window, you can see a massage business, but the front desk is there, toward the back of the room.

In that little soi between Soi 5 and Soi 7, close to Soi 7 (First door on the left if you enter the Soi from Soi 7.)

Phone: (66-2) 255-4698, 254-8695

Fax: (66-2) 253-1780

http://www.ecosea.com/eco/HTM/Thai%20House%20Inn%20Bangkok%20Guesthouse.htm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rick, I stayed there once many years ago when I made a spur of the moment last minute christmas trip and all my usual mid priced hotels where booked up. It was 550 baht in those days and nothing fancy but it was clean and as you say the staff friendly and handy for the BTS and many Thai food places etc.

Simie.

Archived