"Nanking", The Movie

Hugh_Hoy

"...Better read some independent accounts/testimonies (mainly foreign journalists and the red cross) about the American occupation ofthe PI (right after the American - Spanish war)..."

What makes you think I haven't? And is there really such a thing as an "independent account?" NO, there is not, everyone has their agenda. Ever read a Filipino newspaper? especially the ones in the USA? they are a joke. I would trust a Filipino history book even less.

"...When the US "returned" in 1945 they saw the strategic importance of the PI and established military fortresses at Clarke Air Base and Subic Bay and continued to allow the before mentioned ruling classes to run the country.

Never mind that the whole lot should have been hung for doing the same thing for the Japanese while a lot of Filipinos fought bravely as Guerrillas under American command...."

Julian,

Pretty much true about the U.S. pimping the Pinoys and then ignoring the promises we made. My former father in law was a guerrilla fighter, and was supposed to be given citizenship, it took years, and several letters to my congressman to get it done, he did ultimately get it. But because of other crap, his kids are now too old to get it through him.

I also believe the law stated any Pinoy born before (forget the date exactly) 1946 (?) (The year of Filipino independence from the USA) Was to be given U.S. citizenship if they wanted it, as they had been a colony before. We screwed a lot of them on that as well. Of course they now have Daily City California and a large part of the Bay area, so well, maybe it evened out?

We get a lot of topics on the differences between Thai and Filipina bargirls and to me they are very similar except for their long term agenda.

The PI girls all want to marry a customer and get out of the country.

In the 90's when immigration into Australia was ridiculously easy the influx of Filipinas into the country had to be seen to be be believed. Mind you, they weren't all hookers, far from it but some guys I knew must have married three before either giving up or settling down.

Common practice was to blame the girl of course but some of the guys were real dirt bags who couldn't sustain any sort of relationship.

Only found one article (in a French newspaper) about a big debate in Japan.

The huge debate is about freedom of speech related to WW2, this came out following the movie "Yasukuni", from the Chinese cineast Li Ying who lives and works in Japan.

This is linked to the fact some theatres refused to display the movie.

Linked to this case are many other issues such as the judgement about Kenzaburo Oe's book, (Okinawa Notes 1970), and his editor Iwanami Shoten.

I feel there are good points about the current Japanese internal situation:

- They talk more and more about WW2 and its consequences, even if conservatism is still very strong the fact that there are arguments about it is great.

- Japanese justice is doing a great job about these issues: The recent court verdicts help freedom of speech about this part of Japan's past.

Seems that since the 80-90 more and more Japanese are realizing the weight of their past and that denial does not help Japan.

I rag on the P.I. a lot, but truth is, I do have warm feelings about it at times, and will one day most likely "pull a Macarthur" and return.

Frankly, I see little basic difference between women regardless of where they are from, that is, they are all nuts and annoying, and if it weren't for pussy, we'd ignore them completely.

I do tend to agree with you thoughts on the PI girls (whores or what not) Vs. Thai girls (whores or what not). I am sure you are aware of the different stereotypes the Pinoys have about their own people from the various regions? quite comical, and from what I can see, true. Oh fuck it, I am going to Goldilocks tomorrow for lunch...or better yet, Max's!

Archived