Pattaya Travellers: Beware of Maneerat Transport & Travel (on Soi Post Offi

hunghung

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair call bust....

I'm guilty of P U I (Posting under the Influence)last night.

Have read all this again this morning and I was a bit out of line with some of my comments.

The OP seems to have got a rough deal...but as with everything in LOS...what you see...is not always what you get....

Never been to Cambo myself....but I think colorwolf summed it up well...

getting burned is just part of the learning experience....happens to most of us at some time or another...

I recall back in the early 90's...bringing a girl from Chiang Mai to meet me when I arrived into Bkk...then we planned a week on Koh Samui....went to a "Travel Agent" near Hualampong Station...booked return flights...and a weeks accomm in what looked to be a really nice "Resort"....

Talk about a rip off....lol

Miles from anywhere....nothing like the photos..crap beach...paid almost double what I could have paid as a walk in...5555.....etc...etc...etc..

Didn't have the advantage of the Net in those days, but learned a good lesson

from the experience...

Hope the OP has beter experiences in the future

Cheers DS

If you paid by credit card, put in a dispute with the credit card company.

I try to avoid travel agents in LOS if at all possible, especially when a trip is as complex as yours. I went on a fishing trip off Phucket one time, booked thru one. There was supposed to be a van to pick us up, instead we ended up sitting on the bed of a pickup truck for the ride back to the hotel.

If you traveled to all those places, overland, in 7 days, you must have spent all your time in vans and buses, sitting on your ass. No wonder the trip sucked.

Next time get maps, guide books and look things up, on the internet, before going to a travel agent, if you need one at all.

This travel agent had to do a lot of work to interface with the various Cambo contacts. It's probably a big pain in the ass to plan your movements. They had to do as much work, for a single traveler, as they would for a tour group. Plus, you got the baby sitting services and hotel rooms for 6 days. All those people, along the way, taking care of you, have to get paid. And gas is expensive in Cambodia.

"This travel agent had to do a lot of work to interface with the various Cambo contacts. It's probably a big pain in the ass to plan your movements. They had to do as much work, for a single traveler, as they would for a tour group. Plus, you got the baby sitting services and hotel rooms for 6 days. All those people, along the way, taking care of you, have to get paid. And gas is expensive in Cambodia."

No. Maneerat hired a Cambo agent for me in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh and another Cambo agent for the rest of the tour. The second agent did nothing and never showed up (read the details I posted; I think that was because Maneerat didn't want to spend money on me for the remainder of the tour and it didn't pay the second agent. If I were Maneerat, I could have organized a far better Cambo tour for a customer.

From city to city, I used public boat or bus, which is very cheap. For example, the public bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville was only a few USD.

For 31,000 Baht, the tour was a total ripoff.

• 1 month later...

The best Travel Agency I have found is [color:red]Travel Central Thailand[/color]. They are very hard to find. They don't advertise, their office is way off the beaten track. I would say they are one of the busiest Travel Agencies in Thailand. I reciently paid in full for a ticket and they told me they were very busy to issue it. They asked if I could wait. I said I would be happy to go back the next day. The next day my ticket was waiting for me with a refund of THB2500 becuase they were able to find cheaper seats for me. My friend also found the same thing he also got a refund becuase the girl who works there keeps trying to get a better deal eventhough we have already paid her. You will not find a more honest Travel Agency anywhere. Their details are:

Travel Central Thailand Co LTD

63/2 Moo 1 Na Jomtien

Sattahip Chonburi Thailand 20250

Phone +66 38 706 414

Fax +66 38 706 270

e-mail: sales@travelcentralthailand.com

Tourism Authority of Thailand License Number 11/4249 IATA NUMBER: 3530736 6

[color:red]Ask for Khun Nuch

Nuch private phone number is 08 4721 4420[/color]

• 2 years later...

Archived