Sawang Dang Din Pub

CTO

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't spell it in Thai - so there is no correct spelling of it in English - feel free to come and visit and note the 5 different way's it's spelt on the highway!

Your not Thai are you?

Gee CTO if we saw the name by one of the other 4 ways of spelling it, we might not realize that is the pub we are looking for. And now we are told there are 6 different ways of spelling the name.

Ahh - I was wondering who was pretending to be GTG - so it's you? 5 5 5 5 5

What's so hard to work out that in Thailand the English version is spelt many different ways?

Why the sudden interest in a post going back months?

As said this is a small town - it's not likely your going to get lost is it now?

Is there a real reason for this sudden critical questioning or your just being a dick?

I post a bunch of pics of a good place to go and get criticized for spelling it one of the many ways the locals themselves spell the name when there is NO official Thai way of spelling (unlike the Chinese system) that the Thais use consistently.

It's be pretty hard to get lost - or maybe you just never read the original post?

I have a good idea -

Fuck off :)

Collective - FPTBGTG (Farang pretending to be good thai girl) has always been a dick - not sure why Bangkok Traveler felt the need to wade in, nor what they wanted to achieve? Maybe it's a PAD thing?

But then if either of them want to make some posts about obscure interesting areas with pics I'd be happy to read.

It could be called "Spraying and Danglin It In the Pub and you'd still find the one of only two disco's!

Thanks Bust

Also the name of the town and pub - of course if you was really a Thai female (which I don;t for a second believe) you'd know there is a famous song about it as well. John N used to sing it to me laughing I was working there.

You do know the song right?

Gee - how fast can you google.

You'd also know that in the town the signs in English spell the name many different ways - as is common in Thailand - they may have once tried to have a "official" English form of written Thai but unlike China it never worked.

Got the song for me mate? You have 3 minutes

I thought the song was Suan Din Dang? Or Da dang dang? or is it "Da daen daeng?" Of fuck I forget...I was introduced to someone who was supposed to be "GTG" once long ago at woodstock...hard looking mid to late 30's, obvious whore, had tattooed hands and fingers...I was later let in on the secret...

Archived