Bond car plunges into Lake Garda

Flashermac

Don't blame the stunt driver. He was just taking a short cut across the lake. What kind of crap Bond car was this that didn't have sub mode? That has been a standard option since the Lotus Esprit in "The Spy Who Loved Me"

Which remains by favourite bond film...Barbara Bach...sigh...that Ringo was a lucky man!

Stuntman fighting for life after third accident in a week on Italian set of 'jinxed' Bond movie

A stuntman was fighting for his life today after a spectacular accident on the Italian set of the latest James Bond movie - the third in less than a week.

Insiders on Quantum Of Solace are already speaking of a jinx following a series of mishaps in the shooting of the latest escapade of Her Majesty's favourite secret agent.

Last weekend British engineer Fraser Dunn, 29, cheated death after he crashed a £134,000 Aston Martin DBS into the water at Lake Garda in northern Italy. And just hours later a stuntman was injured in another car chase.

The latest incident involved a Greek stuntman, who suffered serious head injuries after an Alfa Romeo 159 he was driving in a chase scene involving James Bond ploughed into a lorry.

Grecos, who was playing a villain, had to be cut free from the mangled wreckage of the car by firefighters following the accident at Limone dell Garda near Brescia.

He was airlifted to hospital and was today in a critical condition in hospital with serious head injuries.

Another stunt driver Italian Bruno Verdirosi suffered minor injuries.

Filming on the 22nd Bond film - which again stars Daniel Craig - was immediately halted and today producers were still debating whether to reshoot the scene or scrap it completely.

Sandro Pelligrini, of the Italian production team, said: "It was the second to last day of filming at Lake Garda and we still don't know what is going to happen - whether it is going to be reshot or scrapped."

One set insider said: "There is talk of a jinx on this movie - three accidents in a week even for an action spectacular like James Bond is too much.

"Some are saying that the safety netting for the accident involving the stuntman wasn't secured properly."

Link

Guest lazyphil

theres a aston martin dealership near me. i wish it wasn't. driving past it depresses me. i wouldn't make a good buddhist with my desire for one!

Guest lazyphil

i was going fishing on a fen drain years ago to find an articulated lorry had plunged into the river right where i was going to set up only 10 minutes prior to me getting there!....fen roads can be lethal, many run along side with the rivers and drains and the roads are often messed up my subsidence. add the toothless banjo player country feel in those parts you're taking your life into your own hands venturing into fenland :crazy:

Archived