No more Thai "O-A" One Year Visa?

cavanami

Of course, you are *assuming* that one would rather have a 90 day reporting requiremnt versus a 90 day leaving requirement.

I can assure you that that is NOT the case for me, so I am happy with the choices offered me...

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well no, not "assuming"

If you work abroad and get in/out often no need for extension since you would be in/out more often than the 90 days requirement.

Had a friend though who worked 6 weeks and stayed 6 weeks, had to do a so called "visa run" during his stay. Convinced him to change to extension for supporting a Thai (married), That way before they instated the 90 days max rule every 180 days.

An other friend can not show the required income, he flies to country of origin once a year to get a new non-imm O.

So it depends on so many issues :neener:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You dont need to cross the border on a non immigrant multiple entry O type visa

I filled out the form for mine tonight and read all the regulations. I'll be mailing it to the UK Consul in Hull tomorrow.

A multi entry non immigrant visa requires that you leave the country after each 90 day or less entry. You can immediately return and get a new 90 day stay. Your visa is valid for travel during a one year period - it is not valid for a one year stay.

-redwood

There was talk last year that the Non-Im B was going to be tightened up.

Proof of employment would be required, copies of payslips etc.

A phone call yesterday to my favorite Thai Consul General revealed that she was still issuing business visas on the strength of a letter from the company alone.

Thanks for the info !

In case anyone is interested I mailed my application off to Hull for a one year non immigrand O type visa on Monday and got my passport back with the visa stamped in it on Wednesday.

Pretty efficient !

Normally for other countries to get this kind of service (from an Embassy) you either have to turn up in person or use one of those consular services who drop your passport off and then collect it the next day !

Archived