No more Thai "O-A" One Year Visa?

cavanami

Just back from the Thai Embassy here in Chicago and they informed me that there is no more. one year, multiple entry O-A (non-immi) visa :dunno:

Next week I will be in Dallas, Texas where I got my last O-A visa and see if they are "following" the same rules.

I was offered the 2 month tourist visa, but that doesn't get it for me as the one year O-A was quite nice...but TIT...can't make it too nice for the farang :mad:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An O-A visa is/was for a non-immigration, not married to a Thai, not retired and not a business visa.

I had one last year, mulitple entry, which was great as I go in/out of BKK several times a year.

It allowed me to stay 90 days, after which I would need to exit Thailand, but I could do a day run to Pol Pet or somewhere close and wlak back in and get another 90 days.

I hope I can get one in Dallas!!! I will give Dallas a call later on today.

Good luck. The Imm O married visa is the same. Every 90 days I have to step out, pay a grey to the friggin' Cambos, then step back over into Thailand and get stamped in. Silly as hell really, and the Thais are losing money requiring this silly shit. Why not just have to go to Thai Immi and get stamped every 90 days and the Thais get to keep the money. Stupid in my eyes. A loss of some good revenue for the country. Why give that up to the Khmers and the Lao? It's just a 3 month check on the visa holder and for a check on residence info really. Why have to go out of the country to do this?

Cent

i did not know that such generous visas exist! very strange!

you could go to thailongstay and get this for 28'000 THB plus some more privileges like fasttrack at the airport!

Being a Yank (US citizen), I don't think this is available to us/me.

If it is, do you have any more info on it? I did not see this mentioned on the Thai Embassy website.

Archived