1st European Champions Ice-Hockey League

Mentors

WE BEAT TEM 'ALL! :susel:

Final Ice Hockey Champions League

[color:blue]ZSC Lions Zurich _ Metalurg Magnitogorsk 5:0[/color]

WE ARE THE BEST ICEHOCKEY TEAM IN EUROPE!!!!!!

:neener::beer::beer::beer::cool::elephant::elephant::chili::chili::yay:

Unbelievable!. Increadible! Really!

BEST EUROPEAN TEAM

1. ZSC LIONS ZURICH (Switzerland) GOLD Medal :beer:

2. METALURG MAGNITOGORSK (Russia) SILVER Medal :applause:

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!

Unbelievable!

Have to catch the bus to the Party now... :drunk:

...in this fuckin' freezin' night :cussing:;):beer::D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so you support the best ice hockey Team in Zurich and are happy at their success?.

and i congratulate your team on their obscure win but i have a question.

if you are such a fan then why are you posting in this thread instead of being at the game?.

i apologise if you are sitting in the stadium with a laptop tapping away but if not why were you not at the game?.

the tragedy is, my team don't owning a stadium.

Because nobody (except the team) believed that they could reach the final, the large stadium they play usually was ohterwise engaged.

It's a tragedy since decades. The rich Suisse is not able to give my team a own large stadium.

So yesterday, they had to play in a smaller one

and i don't get any tickets. :(

But for the Jubilee party i get one. :)

:beer::beer::drunk:

Two third-place finishes in the European Champions Cup and a semi-final appearance in the European Hockey League were the biggest Swiss successes in major tournaments. Now, the ZSC Lions got it all. After having beaten teams from the Czech Republic, Finland and Sweden, they dethroned three-time Silver Stone Trophy winner Metallurg Magnitogorsk with a 2-2 draw in the road game and a 5-0 victory on home ice.

Had anyone bet on Zurich team prior to this season?

â??Nobody believed that we could make it but we worked very hard to achieve that. We have a very special group, thatâ??s why we had success and won with such a margin,â? forward Jan Alston said.

http://www.iihf.com/

:worship: :bangit: :beer:

Zurich wins Euro title, earns game vs. NHL

The Zurich Lions shut out defending champion Metallurg Magnitogorsk 5-0 for the European club crown on Wednesday and the right to play an NHL team in a $1 million challenge game.

The Swiss champion won the two-leg Champions Hockey League final 7-2 on aggregate after the teams tied 2-2 in Russia last week.

Zurich will face an NHL squad for the [color:blue]Victoria Cup[/color] scheduled to be played in Bern, Switzerland, in October.

The International Ice Hockey Federation is hoping have the European champ match up against the Stanley Cup winner.

However, in the inaugural Victoria Cup match last October, the New York Rangers, who last won the Stanley Cup in 1994, beat Magnitogorsk 4-3.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2009-01-28-338994404_x.htm

:cool::beer::spin:

Archived