Angeles vs Pattaya 2008 update

robaus

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:yeahthat:

And also... how common is newbies getting ripped off and is it dangerous in the PI in terms of muggings/robbery etc?

:dunno:

Piggy...the word on other boards is to stay away from freelancers and street girls. Too many set-ups with police involved. Think "hostage" until bribe is paid.

HH

A mate of mine who goes there said an American bar manager he knows was killed in a hit the other day. I've forgotten the unfortunate guys name?

Simie.

I had long assumed the Philipines wouldn't be much different from LOS. Then I met a couple of ex-Peace Corps volunteers who served there. Thailand long had the highest extension rate of any country - volunteers asking to stay longer than the basic two years. The Fil vols told me many in their groups left early, after just a year or so. The reason they gave was crime. Homes were broken into, vols had been robbed at gunpoint and kidnappings for ransom weren't that rare. They claimed such crimes were deliberately under-reported by the press on orders of the government. Don't want to scare the tourists away.

Stil, having said that I've never met a tourist who said he'd been robbed in Angeles City, though one told me he'd been caught in the middle of a gunfight and had to duck for cover.

Flash, I think its reasonably safe in Angeles for tourists provided you stick to Fields Avenue and don't act like an arsehole and piss someone off.

Different for expats your more likely to be on someones radar and maybe have pissed off someone over business or women etc.

Simie.

Flash, I think its reasonably safe in Angeles for tourists provided you stick to Fields Avenue and don't act like an arsehole and piss someone off.

Different for expats your more likely to be on someones radar and maybe have pissed off someone over business or women etc.

Simie.

My limited experience is that, I:

Woke up, ate breakfast next to the pool at Orchid Inn, drank until the bars opened and then bar crawled until it was time to return with the next conquest.

repeat as necessary.

10 days of that and you can't get into too much trouble.

Bloody nothing to do in the daytime there.

Coss

And also... how common is newbies getting ripped off and is it dangerous in the PI in terms of muggings/robbery etc?

:dunno:

Piggy...the word on other boards is to stay away from freelancers and street girls. Too many set-ups with police involved. Think "hostage" until bribe is paid.

HH

I was there last May / Jun.

Hugh_Hoy is right' date=' Street Walkers / Freelancers are a complete no-no in AC, sort of a don't even [i']think[/i] about it situation.

OTOH appears to be very rare that a girl from a club will rip you off. Over there you pay in advance, with an optional small "tip" customary afterwards.

Absolutely more dangerous over there, I would NEVER walk down any dark road anywhere alone with no weapons. Even getting money from a Money Changer Booth many guys avoid - better to pay the higher rate in your hotel away from prying eyes to make you a target: last year I think it was a Swedish guy in broad daylight was killed immediately after getting money from an ATM (two guys on a Motorbike, as usual).

Long as you know how bad it is you can have a great time providing you follow some rules: always stay where there's crowds of people at ALL times (actually very easy to do in AC). Always stay on guard and alert and never trust any filipino men except those employed at your hotel (and even then...).

The girls are real sweet over there, GFE and LT is the rule and its way cheaper than LOS. Some of the clubs are open 24/7...

Archived