Man City players said in revolt against Thaksin

waerth

when Thaksin bought them last year I warned my relatives from the Blue side of the family that it would all end in tears.

Told many a blue the same myself. The thing is with UK football, behind the razzle dazzle, sponsorships, millionaires and big brands they're still run by basic blokes, ex players who live on a pie and a pint. When you get them inviting n foreign investment they do so with very little understanding of how the foreigners think.

My guessing is that at city there's probably not even one person learned a word of Thai or mugged up on "Doing business with Thai's" and just accepted that they'd carry on as normal and expect Thaksin to be just the same as a Brit.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Frank (his nickname with 'citeh' fans, since his last name sounds like Sinatra) is similar to Roman Abromovich, the russian owner of Chelsea.

Frank knows nothing about football. He knows as much as anyone on this forum.

Instead of just letting the people who know the business of football take care of the club, he like other rich folks, think they know more than anyone else.

He should leave well enough alone. There is NO WAY man city was going to finish in the top 4 and get CL football this season. Anyone with half a brain who watches the EPL knows its a long term process and it would take MCFC 3-5 years.

Unless he's willing to spend the kind of money Roman did at Chelesa (at least a hundred million or so) and buy ready made world stars, it was not gonna happen.

I agree the man city board were ignorant of Frank, but Frank was ignorant of EPL football and clubs as well.

He's going to meddle his way into a badly run club. City has the platform to be at least a UEFA cup club next season and with a little luck and smart buys, a top 4 if one of the top 4 slip.

Archived