Friday Meetings

Pom Michael

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, the whole point was that the "NPF" meetings of the past, and these "Thai 360" meetings now are no longer the same.

So - just my opinion - if we hold them at a location that people want to be anyways, the turnout and participation may increase to the point that others are introduced to the website and meet people that they are interested to talk or be with. And not restricted to a specific timeframe of say 19:00 - 19:30 - since if no one shows up by that time the few guys there don't stick around.

I guess it isn't a big issue - I'll use the PT function to check if friends from the board will be out that night and let them decide where to meet up.

Hi,

Ah, so basically you are suggesting we pick a place and tell people that on Fridays to just go there at any time they please and hope that there is someone else there at the same time. Oh, and first timer visitors to a meeting can go around the place asking people if they are members of Thai360. :)

Sorry, PM, but I do not see that working at all. While it may be okay for expats like yourself who have a good chance of bumping into people they know, it will not work at all for a tourist looking to meet up with some of the local members.

Sanuk!

No, I think you really either need to pick a spot that people want to go to meet (and not worry about it being in a nightlife zone) or (what? - not sure?)

"Maybe you could tell us why you stopped going?"

"Frankly I think there are only a few people left who attend most meetings."

I stopped going because of three issues:

- Not in BKK on many Fridays

- The people I used to meet no longer go (because they either don't live here anymore or don't go for their own reasons)

- I didn't head to Soi 4/5 very much

So, when the switch to Soi 23 came in, it didn't change my first two items, but it did fix the third issue. I tried to make as many Fridays as I was in town for - but finally just reallized it wasn't worth making the effort - but since I still cared enough I made the post.

Cheers!

Hi,

Fair enough on the reasons for not coming that often, and I agree fully with your second one.

As for picking 'a spot that people want to go to meet', the problem with that is that everybody will have a different opinion on where they'd want to meet.

Sanuk!

You forgot Dumsoda!

HH

....Nah....leave me out of it....read my new tag line!!!

Having such a good time in China lately that I have even considered permanently "retiring" from LOS.....(Maybe).... :grinyes::grinyes:

Officially nominate Xiamen as my new "Fav" city ...closely followed by Shanghai...

Cheers DS

Archived