Yet more village pix

persil

Myhouse looks quite a bit flasher then the "myhouse" I used to stay in 6 years ago.

Fishing Comp, more washing and the wedding butchers are all very familiar. I've shot similar but nearly 1000 km north north east from there.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, 50 were invited but 100 came! :beer:

It was a welcome party for me, noone outside her family believed that the girl had a boyfriend to show, "all" thinking she was selling sex like most of the girls from that village in Buriram working in other places. :susel:

thinking she was selling sex like most of the girls from that village in Buriram working in other places:

Understandable. First night on Suk Soi 4, N. approaches Gobble and begins making smalltalk:

N. 'Where you from ?'

G. 'Australia'

N. 'Sydney ?'

G. laughs - 'No, we arent all from Sydney - I'm from a town in Queensland - where are you from ?'

N. 'Buriram'

I didnt have to ask if that was in Isaan - I still havent met a girl who *is not* from Isaan, and most of the women on my dating site are from Isaan. Definitely need to take that side trip to check out Khon Kaen/Udon Thani - Buriram and Surin would mean a detour (dont have a car), but it would be interesting to see these places too.

Gobble driving here is very easy and cheap to hire a car if you use a local hire car place. Drive from Bangkok to Surin - take in some local expats - Surin to KK is a nice drive - KK to Udon - Udon to Nog Kai - Day trip to Los - Back to Bangkok - very nice 10 day tour

I 'll second that, driving in Isan is a breeze, good roads generally, and not too busy. Just watch out for drunken motocy drivers at night.

Also, don't always stick to the main roads, some of the tiny roads through little villages can be more fun.

Get a local girl as a guide (no problem finding one in a BKK bar, or even in a few nightspots locally for a young lad like you).

Buy some molam, crank up the car stereo, and cruise....

Surin to KK go via Roi Et, so you can see where Jintara comes from (She who's had a husband for all those years).

When in Surin and Buriram, go see some of the Khmer historical monuments, very interesting stuff, especially the one across the Cambo border. Go early morning = cooler.

Get out of BKK/Pattaya for a while, see the real country.

Archived