Yet more village pix

persil

Taken 6 years ago, when I just started to play with digital cameras, and first developed a taste for documenting village life in SE Asia. these were taken in a small village in NE Isan.

Now I find that my clean persona doesn't have authority to post pix. Maybe I'll have to make another donation. Back soon.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried to make a donation. When I got to the page where I was passed on to the processor of the donation, it said Thelix may be dodgy. I looked at the certificate, which had expired in Feb 2006, and had a red line underneath that read: This root certificate is not trusted.

I don't like giving my cc details to an outfit that is not trusted.

Have to find a better way. I do want to post these pix.

The house. I saw pics of "the house" about 15 years earlier. It was a bamboo shack then. This latest version was being added to since I first visited, this was the latest configuration, with the kitchen at the rear re-roofed and cladded, and at the front, the left side was added recently, new floor, new roof.

With the benefit of generous contributions from a visiting farang.

CTO >I got confused I swear you've photographed half my faily!<

Well, this is actually not too far from where your family comes from, this is about 20 km or more west of Nakhon Phanom. Maybe they're related....

I'l add more tomorrow. Excuse the crappy quality. The originals taken with an early Sony, which doesn't handle any overexposure. Then, new to uploading pix on this site, the first batch was far too big. In reducing it, and adjusting some colour, I adjusted an already reduced file, resulting in pixallation. Learning slowly.

Digital cameras have come a hell of a long way in the past ten years.

Archived