Paradise disco

Anybody know anything about this new disco that just opened up next to the Ra-Jah Hotel. This is not just the Rainbow 2000 Disco with a new name is it??

I read about the grand opening on the Trink page.

quote:

Originally posted by peesooahbkk:

Paradise Disco is just the renamed and renovated Rainbow 2000 disco. Official grand opening last Friday.

The only signs of 'renovation' I could see were the 2 video screens on the wall behind the DJ. There were 2 Thai guys responsible for the 'light show' standing trying to look very cool and all they had done was plugged in a PC and were projecting some WinAmp plug-ins onto the screen. Very creative!

Apart from that the place seemed exactly the same except it was full of drunk farangs as all beer was B50 all night for the first two nights, and they weren't showing the football. It was closed down before 3, same time as Nana Disco. Wasn't the old place owned by the police?

LG

"There were 2 Thai guys responsible for the 'light show' standing trying to look very cool and all they had done was plugged in a PC and were projecting some WinAmp plug-ins onto the screen. Very creative!"

LOL!!!!

I saw the same at the smaller room inside CM2, though at least they weren't trying to pass it off as a light show.

The Geiss screen saver/winamp plugin is the best one I've seen by far. Super cool!

Cheers!

I hope they also changed the DJ. The last time I was there, a little over a year ago, the DJ had the annoying habit of turning down the music throughout each song to make, what I must assume was, his version of the glib comment. I was there about three times over the course of a couple of months and left each time because of this incedibly annoying DJ style. Yes, I like to dance and this REALLY bothered me. Glad to have the opportunity to finally air my disapproval of this type of un-disc-jockey behavior. Thanks, Guido.

I passed by the disco after leaving Angel's at the Nana Hotel. Boy, what a dissappointment. Wall to wall girls at Angel's and at Paradise at 1AM, more employees than customers. Save yourself that walk and with the 2AM curfew, there's not a lot of time or places to wander off to.

frown.gif" border="0

Archived