Taxi driver dies of heart failure behind wheel

Flashermac

THE NATION

18 May 2008

A foreign passenger managed to stop a taxi safely after its driver suddenly died apparently of heart failure Saturday morning, police said.

The taxi was on an elevated way after having left the Suvarnabhumi International Airport when its driver, Weerapol Rungsup, 61, became unconscious.

The taxi was carrying a Thai woman, Pratya Pawapuchakang, 31, and her two foreign friends from the airport.

The woman told police that the car suddenly swayed left and pressed against the wall for several metres before her friend in the front passenger seat steered the car to stop safely.

The woman and friends tried to wake the taxi driver but found that he had already died.

Hum:

One Thai women and her two foreign friends

-> maybe they tried to set up an orgy in the taxi and the driver got a heart attack seeing this?

:confused::confused::dunno:

Note: I know this is bad to joke at someone's death

(even if he is a Thai taxi driver) but could not stop it...

I had the same thought when I read it. Two seriously worked up guys fresh off the plane are met by a hot Thai chick suitable dressed. Pile in the taxi and it's hard to keep the hands and tongues where they belong. Yeah easy to see why the poor old taxi driver might have croaked. Especially if the girl didn't recognise her dad :shocked::nono:

Elef you are wrong.

:neener:

The Thai husband would be too happy that his wife is making money in his own taxi, why?

Because then he can get the money when the deed is done and exactly the amoung the foreigners paid

:neener::beer::yay:

Not all thai husbands accept that their wifes have other men, maybe she had told him she went back to village to take care of her sick mother. :)

But it's not impossible that something in the car caused the death, maybe activities by the TG and the man in the back of the car, much less probability that he knew her.

I was going to say I'm not surprised he died behind the wheel, Bangkok traffic will do that to you, but I paused...but then I read the above and I feel less guilty about making a cheap shot.

Anyway, poor chap. RIP.

Lucky passengers.

I wonder if he was a Taxi meter or scam fare/taxi mafia...?

If they took the taxi from aiport sure using the meter, you get a complain card if they not follow the rules. But maybe the girl was bringing him to airport so not sure. Else I don't think there's a sharp line between taxi mafia and normal.

As the 35 baht starting fee has been the same for many years I soon (but not yet) start to understand why they don't want to use the meter.

I've gone many times from BKK to Pattaya using taxi with meters on, but they was always very eager to contact the motorbike drivers on Sukhumvit so they could get a fast return trip - 500 baht is better than nothing.

Archived