Nova Platinum (Pattaya) - only gf if girl over 20!

bibblies

I recently stayed in the Nova Platinum hotel in Pattaya. Fantastic swimming pool with fountain, rocks, jacuzzi and water slide. Nice enough rooms too, with huge TV and DVD player. (The rooms also have lighting that somehow makes everyone look great and has enough strategically positioned mirrors to allow you to do all the 'American Psycho' impressions that you want as you bang away with your date. :) )

It's an Amari associate so you get the sort of bollocks that comes with that - the overpriced mini bar, misleading placing of water in the fridge hoping that you'll pick up the wrong one and pay 70B for a 7B bottle, etc. But I had thought that at least it was completely guest-friendly up until my last trip.

For most purposes it is. But, on this trip, I discovered that they have a policy of only allowing girls of 20 or over in your room. Why the hell they should create this arbitrary rule, I don't know since 18 and 19 are legal ages. But it pissed me off so much that I won't be going back. The hotel should concentrate on the simple things, like supplying soap to your room (they "ran out" during my stay) instead of nannying its guests.

I didn't see this rule mentioned anyway on booking or in hotel rules. It only came up when I took a girl of 19 back.

Any other hotels with this arbitrary limit? :dunno:

Nothing in writing anywhere. It was the night security guy saying this. He was kind of apologetic, saying it was hotel/Amari? policy and the manager would check up on him. (He's supposed to photocopy every ID so the manager would see the age.)

The thing is, as we approached the hotel, the girl got fidgety, saying she was afraid that she wouldn't be allowed in yet she hadn't been there before. I've also seen the "no under 20s" thing being referred to casually on a Pattaya board. I don't think it's just that hotel.

Probably coming from that police has informed bars that girls working in bars must be 20 (same as customers), but as 18 is the legal age for selling sex I don't understand it either. :(

elef

18 is the legal age for selling sex, since when was prostitution legalised in Thailand?

IMHO this is the policy of Amari Group and not the Nova Group, I have rented a serviced apartment at Novs Park for nearly 3 years now and the only time that a visitor to a guests room is asked to leave her ID with reception is if the guest requests so. Most of the guys I know there who bring nocturnal visitors back prefer to put the ID in their own safe.

I will bring this up with Ronnie F, the owner of the Nova Group next time I see him and report back!

Sure Mekong, prostitution is not legal in Thailand and that's the reason why owners of brothels (with 2 exceptions) and sex tours are sent to prison. In a bar you just compensate the bar for taking out the girl not for sex. Still if you take a girl under 18 you can have big problem, over 18 is accepted.

• 1 year later...

Some hotels have uniformed 'guards'.

I think some of these guys are just being jerks.

But on the flip side, sometimes they are there to 'help' you if gal is a known 'rip off' person.

But there is the issue of the small minority of visitors seeking too young gals. And that harms all.

You got Fox News sending a whole crew over to LOS to 'investigate' that prevert a few years back. So the Thai government 'has' to do something.

But back to legal age gals. If gal was in fact of legal age, I'd of contacted the manager. And checked out of hotel if his/her answer was not correct or acceptable.

Archived