Fucking Air Asia

CTO

Has anyone noticed air asia's sneaky web site? Lately at the very end it automatically adds totally unnecessary travel insurance to your fare without asking you if you want it. You have to explicitly dig through and find a buried link to remove it before making the purchase.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life's too short to waste it on budget air carriers and all their bullshit.

I simply fly too much and need my gold status: I could give a fuck about the upgrades (hardly get any anyway), but the no excess baggage fee, the biz/1st class checkin and the lounge access are requirements on my schedule. The private phone number to clear up ticketing issues is good too, and came in handy recently (fuck you, check in bitch!).

Cheers,

SD -- would do a Pattaya swan dive if he had to give up his gold status and still work as he does...

X=Press boarding - that is a joke - also 6 blokes showed up with express boarding - got on the bus first - then off the bus almost last 5 5 5 5 5

Sorry SD - Paying 10 K Vs 6K to PP return - I'll still go budget - just another budget carrier if possible

Ya, I know, I've the luxury of having my customer pay for my air tix (but mostly not for biz class :( ). Then again, I fly 10x more than you do...

Cheers,

SD -- not changing his mind, but understands CTO's reluctance too

Companies are sometimes stupid about travel expenses.

Had to fly recently to Dublin and San Diego.

- Dublin: Everything booked in advance and company's credit card in my pocket. (bills paid in cash are refunded later)

Travelled in business but did not make a difference with shitty iberia....

Basically, I ate like a pig and drank like an Irish.

-> total bill for 5 days: 2600 euros (flight and hotels were prepaid)

- San Diego: Stayed there 3 days, Economic class paid, hotels prepaid,

company's credit card in my pocket....

Why the hell they refused to pay for business????

(-> spent more than 4K euros with the credit card just to have my revenge).

Totally illogical -> why they refuse to pay business but give the CC...

(got upgraded to business with my miles anyway but...)

Next time: Will try to fly Ryanair (if they go from Madrid to Dublin.)

Life's too short to waste it on budget air carriers and all their bullshit.

I simply fly too much and need my gold status: I could give a fuck about the upgrades (hardly get any anyway), but the no excess baggage fee, the biz/1st class checkin and the lounge access are requirements on my schedule. The private phone number to clear up ticketing issues is good too, and came in handy recently (fuck you, check in bitch!).

Cheers,

SD -- would do a Pattaya swan dive if he had to give up his gold status and still work as he does...

United (Star Alliance) is giving double miles toward your "Elite Miles Status" if you sign up for the special offer.

When I flew back to BKK, got 18,000 miles toward my gold card rather then the normal 9,000 :)

Offer good until 15 June or something like that.

X=Press boarding - that is a joke - also 6 blokes showed up with express boarding - got on the bus first - then off the bus almost last 5 5 5 5 5

Sorry SD - Paying 10 K Vs 6K to PP return - I'll still go budget - just another budget carrier if possible

not to me in Surat: Just me and one Thai male boarding first on the plane, takes the best seats and the mob had to wait on the terminal two minutes behind us!

I like it! :thumbup: :tophat:

Archived