Two shift bar fines?

fatbastard33

At the moment I am in Pattaya (first time ever!) and have frequented a few of the Go Go bars during early afternoon (around Soi Post Office).

With a couple of them when I have enquired about the bar fines they state 500 Baht. However, they then state "until 7 pm". After 7 pm they then state the evening bar fine is another 500 baht.

1000 Baht for a long-term bar fine is a load of bollocks in my mind and something I will not enter into. With one lady I had to wait from 4.30 until 7.00 to only have one bar fine.

Is this common or am I being taken advantage off as a newbie to Pattaya?

Fatbastard33

very creative indeed? what about a 3 shift barfine in the morning? what about a barfine for each dancing lap? what about VAT and service surcharges on bar fines? what about additional food and transportation allowances?

Sounds dodgy to me. No way would I ever pay 2 barfines to take a girl for one night. I've not encountered it before but I have taken girls for LT from the early shift and only paid once. I don't know how common it is but it's a ripoff IMHO. Once I've paid the barfine I consider the girl to be out of the bar until the next day, no matter what time it is when we leave. Bars with this policy won't be getting any of my custom.

Hi!

Several of the gogo bars in Pattaya that open in the afternoon do have two shifts of dancers. I have met dancers that I know work both shifts so ot may not be a scam at all.

If a dancer works both shifts and gets double pay it's reasonable that the bar will want a bar fine for each shift.

Of course a 1000 barfine is to much. Find another girl.

regards

ALHOLK

This is the first time I hear about this new scheme of milking the farang man. It's just BS, I would not pay it. So, if you bar fine a girl at 7:0 pm, what period does that cover?

Have you tried the super baby? That bar probably has the best looking dancers in Pattaya.

Fatbastard33,

There are quite a few girls who work both shifts. If she 's barfined out in the afternoon and she doesn't come back for the late shift she will have to pay the 500 baht herself for not showing up at work.

So,1000 baht is not a scam here.It is when the girl isn't a two-shifts worker.

Fat,

Sounds like your talking about Vegas which

does have shifts, and I've heard others with

similar complaints. I've also had problems

with some of the Pattayaland GoGos in which if I tried to take out a stunner too early in the evening they charge 1200 Baht for a bar fine but if I wait till after 2200, its only 500 Baht. Being stubborn and as a matter of principle, I actually waited till the 500 Baht time - however only had this happen a couple times and the mamasan knew I wanted that girl (and she me). wink.gif" border="0

Regarding fatbastard33's question about double barfines: It is common in Pattaya in places which have 2 shifts of dancers. Some gals work only days, and there would be only one BF. Some gals work days in one bar and nights in a second, and it would involve a BF at each bar. Some gals work days and nights in the same bar, and that would involve the day and night BFs in that bar, unless she happens to have that night shift off, which they do a few times a month. It's expensive and I don't like it, but it makes sense to me.

quote:

Originally posted by fatbastard33:

Is this common or am I being taken advantage off as a newbie to Pattaya?

Fatbastard33

This is SOP for Pattaya Go-go bars that do day trade. You have to pick a girl who doesn't work both shifts or if she likes you she will offer to change to one shift only and get you to bar fine that.

Cheers

Archived