bar prices

boemba

Millionaires Row, Soi 33 has high prices to keep out the riff-raff customers. Kind of an exclusive clique type of place. Well, what can I say? It works, keeps me out.

Also, I'll be damned if I will pay 110 baht for a beer when there are bars right beside the clip joints that have the same cold beer for 90 baht.

Am I cheap? Maybe, but to me it is the principle of the thing. I agree that if you can't afford the extra 20 baht you have no business going bar hopping. What if you CAN afford it and refuse to pay the extra?

Bottom line is that I refuse to patronize the PREMIUM price places.

Gary

Also, I'll be damned if I will pay 110 baht for a beer when there are bars right beside the clip joints that have the same cold beer for 90 baht.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Gary

are you related to me by some mischance....

Hi Mr. Mac,

A B-52 is a shot made up of (I believe) creme de cacao, kahlua, jet fuel (JP-4), and Drano. It is generally lit to look cool and the B-52er will often take a small straw and sip the contents.

When I asked good ole Santos several weeks ago if he had or will raise any prices he said only the B-52s which were jacked up to 130 B per shot. Of course he may have been pulling my chain because I had just purchased three for two dancers and a service girl. When the bill arrived I learned that they were in fact 130 B.

By the way, I was in TT last Friday too and it was crap. There was an incident outside in the courtyard just as I was walking up the golden stairs to TT. Some doofus farang tried to park his motorcycle with the other 5 billion cycles. He was turned away by the he/she/it that monitors this situation carefully in front of Pharaoh. The farang simply ignored this. In moved a plainclothes Thai policeman (I was told). Well, the unbelieving farang pushed the cop away starting a ruckus that resulting in him being led away presumably to a non-sanuk experience.

For a time, TT was empty except for the cashiers, me, and a few others. Anyway,it was late (about 0100) and TT was down to 3-4 dancers and a couple of worn out service ladies. And, later, that bum Santos was up to his tricks with the tequila again. One shot of that firewater sends me to the pot the entire next day. I still like TT a lot because of the music and the frat-party (did someone say Delta Chi?) atmosphere. I have heard the lady situation is better earlier, but I never seem to make it there before 0100 when the place has thinned out.

I am enjoying Angelwitch (Rock) though these days. No disco drek and some fun ladies. Uninflated prices too.

Archived