2008 Rugby League State of Origin

gobbledonk

Hey all,

Surprised by how entertaining its proving to be (currently half time): thought this would be a training run for the Maroons. I guess its a case of a team of champions not necessarily working together to meet expectations, although a try right on half-time may be a sign of things to come in the second half.

Question for those in the LOS - is this televised in any of the bars ? Downunder Pub or wherever ? Downunder may be a bit small, but I'm sure there is a venue somewhere which could accommodate the large number of expats in BKK who would want to watch the game.

Cheers,

Gobble

NSW 18 def QLD 10

Surprising outcome, IMO. Definitely more feral when it comes to Queensland for the next game in the series, and the script calls for a Maroon win.

Rabbits Warren just informed us that its now 40-40 between the two teams. My guess is that at least half of Sydney couldnt give a damn about League anymore - its not part of their culture, and its not the World Game. Fair enough, but they should just move the ARL to Townsville and be done with it.

Gobble

Cmon TB - chin up. We both know that the scriptwriters are busy remedying this for the second game. Sadder was the fact that they cant even fill a ground in the traditional home of Rugby League - wtf is going on down there in Sin City ? Have the gays and the Lebanese completely taken over our premier city ?

According to a poll I read in the Sunday Mail on the weekend, the two top tourist destinations in Oz are Sydney and Cairns, in that order : our tourism industry really is in trouble. :smirk:

Archived