Clinton's Latest Gaffe is Unforgivable

zzzz

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clinton Campaign in Talks With Obama About VP Slot, CNN Says

May 23 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign is in formal talks with Senator Barack Obama's campaign about becoming his vice presidential running mate, CNN reported, without citing anyone specific.

The two Democratic campaigns are talking about ways for Clinton, from New York, to drop her bid for president that may include joining the Illinois senator's ticket, CNN reported. Talks are in a "very preliminary" stage and are described as "difficult," the network said.

Desperation

Mr Google shows a lot of papers are picking it up. Really great timing with Ted Kennedy's health problems. Maybe that got her thinking - and hoping.

p.s. Seems I recall a lot of folks who crossed the Clintons came to strange ends in the past ...

:hmmm:

Glad I'm not in the USA and have to have all of this election nonsense all the time.

"By invoking RFK's assassination as a reason for staying in the race, she may have grabbed the 3rd rail of politics."

I see her only comparing the timing (June) of the event and the fact that he was still campaigning - nothing more than that.

:(

It was a pretty tasteless comparison. And if she drops out and Obama does get assassinated, then what, she can't get back in? So what *was* her point? It was way outta line in any way you look at it. First we have Huckabee making jokes about Obama getting assassinated and now Clinton. Political assassinations are just not a joking matter -- it is as about anti-democratic as you can get.

And really, she should get a clue -- and so should the DNC leadership. She CANNOT win mathematically even if she wins all the rest of the primaries. Fucking bow out gracefully or DNC: force her out!

Regards,

SD

Archived