Clinton's Latest Gaffe is Unforgivable

zzzz

Texas does have the legal right. It was written into the treaty to be annexed to the US in 1845 and was accepted by Congress. Of course, Lincoln didn't give a shrimp and attacked when Texas tried to secede in 1861. (Virginia also had such a clause on her adoption the US Constitution. But Lincoln not only attacked, he divided Virginia into two states.)

The California Republic was a joke - and was ignored even by the US troops who conquered the sparsely settled then Mexican province. Ironically, some of the prominent California leaders had given up on Mexico and wanted to be annexed by the US. But the squatters who formed the "republic" pissed them off and they stayed out of the war. (The "president" of the Bear Flag Republic soon joined the American forces - as a private.)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She outright lied about the sniper fire and helicopter thing in Serbia.

She may have meant what she said, but my guess is she misspoke for real. I don't think she was trying wants or is encouraging any kind of assassination attempt but she chose the wrong analogy.

I may be giving her more credit than she deserves and giving her the benefit of the doubt when I shouldn't but its just how I took it initially.

I was watching Keith Olberman tonight. That's somewhat unusual, as MSNBC sometimes has trouble getting the feed from Moscow. :smirk: I like to watch Keith get all wound up during his commentaries, hoping that I'll see him have "the big one" sometime and I can say, "Man, you should've seen the ol dude getting redder and redder and then grabbing his arm and then clutching his chest before twitching uncontrollably and falling out of his chair".

At any rate, Keith Dude really slammed Hillary on her comment. He read off a list of print media accounts in which she has used the term "assasinated" in reference to June (and anything can happen). He also read off a list of successful and unsuccessful attempts to kill a President or a nominee or activist. I would not be particularly surprised if she wasn't trying to put an idea into somebody's head. There are enough loonies around, for sure.

HH

I would guess it is somewhat of a Freudian slip on the part of Hillary because in her desperation to become President an assassination of Obama by some nutcase is one of the scenarios she has thought about.

On some prior occasions, to make the same point, she has simply referenced Bill and his campaign.

From what I can tell, the Clintons are all about power. Raw power. I think that's why it was easier for some super delegates that were siding with them to turn. They didn't see someone or a couple that has a yearning to truly help people.

Some of the super delegates, if I had to take a guess, went to the Obama camp partially because to see their comeuppance and partially because they sensed Obama truly wants to do something worthwhile.

Its a fairly common thought amongst blacks that any serious black presidential candidate or a president will be assassinated. I've even chided a few for saying they WON'T vote for one in the past (pre Obama) because they don't want to see one killed. I thought it was a ludicrous way of thinking. Still do. EVERY president faces some assassination threat. Some more serious than others but the secret service and the FBI have always had serious threats against each president that was in some form or another. Usually some nut following them every where and its nipped in the bud.

Its also said that if someone wants to kill you bad enough, even if you're the president its very possible. The hard thing is getting away with it.

HH, do I sense a sympathy vote for Obama in that post? Are you gonna host the Obama victory party? Are you gonna join the light side of the force and become a good jedi?

5555555555555 Shit, everybody wants to be a comedian. Nobody wants to sing and dance anymore :(

I can't ever thinking a positive thought about Hillary. I explore possible motives she might have for about everything she says or does. Now, Obama makes me think not in terms of motive, but in terms of experience and leadership ability. I also question his judgement. "Hope" doesn't cut it. Neither does the prospect of higher taxes and a nation-wide HMO. I've taken a poll of my friends and relatives and it's "in the bag" for a McCain victory party. Of course, you have been invited :)

HH

Archived