Clinton's Latest Gaffe is Unforgivable

zzzz

OUTRAGED RFK KIN SAY HILL'S NOW TOAST

Members of the Kennedy family are incensed over Hillary Rodham Clinton's invoking the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy to explain why she's staying in the race - and they think it could be the death knell of an increasingly desperate and sloppy campaign.

"That comment may be the last nail in her campaign's coffin," a Kennedy relative told The Post. [color:red]"How can Hillary even use the experience argument when she repeatedly pushes the wrong buttons in her comments?" [/color]

An insider added, "I think people really felt that a line was crossed and that her campaign - and even her legitimacy as a politician - ended today."

Said a second relative, "She no longer has only her husband to blame for the ill-chosen comments coming from her camp."

While Robert Kennedy Jr. immediately came out in support of Sen. Clinton on Friday, others in the family's inner circle are fuming.

One cited "a perceived insensitivity" in her comment, made Friday before a South Dakota newspaper's editorial board, especially with the 40th anniversary of RFK's death two weeks away and Sen. Ted Kennedy battling a brain tumor.

"We were all sort of dumbfounded that she would say such a thing," the insider said.

There was also anger outside the family. Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), a Hillary supporter, told Bloomberg News that she said "the dumbest thing you could have possibly said." And the Rev. Al Sharpton ripped the comment as dangerous.

The Kennedy family insider added: "I know that many Clinton supporters in New York and New Jersey are sickened by her comments and that they are more concerned with Senator Kennedy's health and well-being than they are her campaign anymore.

Link

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clinton could face uneasy return to Senate

WASHINGTON: When Hillary Rodham Clinton made a rare stop in the Senate last week, she spoke from a lonely outpost at the end of the Armed Services Committee dais, eight empty chairs emphasizing the gulf between her and real Senate power at the chairman's spot.

It was illustrative of the inflexible senatorial math that will fix Clinton's place in Congress should the Democratic nominating fight play out on its present course. While she has received millions of votes, stirred thousands of Americans at rallies, made hundreds of appearances and is just scores of delegates short of her goal, defeat would still return her to the Senate as No. 36 out of 49 Democrats.

But the seniority arithmetic is only the beginning. There is also the personal challenge of returning to a club where more Democratic members, some quite pointedly, favored Senator Barack Obama and spurned her. For Clinton, who has spent years cultivating friendships and raising money for colleagues, that had to hurt. Though the Senate is a place where rival lawmakers daily work side-by-side, this family feud was more public and pronounced than usual.

"You haven't seen this before," said Bob Kerrey, a former Democratic senator from Nebraska who sought the presidency in 1992 only to return to the Senate after the nomination slipped away. "In politics, what goes around, comes around.

"I would guess it will be easier for Joe Biden to get Hillary Clinton to support his bill than it will be for Chris Dodd," Kerrey said, referring to the Delaware senator who stayed neutral after leaving the White House race and the Connecticut senator who did not.

Aw... poor baby!

:chili::elephant::yay::monkey::yay::chili::elephant:

Bill Clinton says wife is victim of a â??cover upâ??

(CNN) â?? Former President Bill Clinton said that Democrats were more likely to lose in November if his wife Hillary Clinton is not the partyâ??s presidential nominee, and suggested some people were trying to â??cover this upâ? and â??push and pressure and bullyâ? superdelegates to make up their minds prematurely.

"I canâ??t believe it. It is just frantic the way they are trying to push and pressure and bully all these superdelegates to come out,â? he said at a South Dakota campaign stop Sunday, in remarks first reported by ABC News. â??'Oh, this is so terrible: The people they want her. Oh, this is so terrible: She is winning the general election, and he is not. Oh my goodness, we have to cover this up.'"

The former president added that his wife had not been given the respect she deserved as a legitimate presidential candidate. [color:red]"She is winning the general election today and he is not, according to all the evidence,â? he said. â??And I have never seen anything like it. I have never seen a candidate treated so disrespectfully just for running.â?Â[/color]

:rolleyes:

â??Her only position was, â??Look, if I lose I'll be a good team player. We will all try to win â?? but let's let everybody vote, and count every vote,â??" he said.

The former president suggested that if the New York senator ended the primary season with an edge in the popular vote, it would be a significant development. "If you vote for her and she does well in Montana and she does well in Puerto Rico, when this is over she will be ahead in the popular vote,â? said Clinton.

â??And they're trying to get her to cry uncle before the Democratic Party has to decide what to do in Florida and Michiganâ? â?? which the party would need to do â??unless we want to lose the election. "

The current requirement to claim the Democratic presidential nomination is 2,026 delegates, a formula that does not take into account delegates from Florida and Michigan, whose contests were not sanctioned by the party â?? although if those votes were to be counted as cast, Hillary Clinton would still currently trail rival Barack Obama in the overall delegate count.

The former president said Sunday that the media had unfairly attacked his wife since the Iowa caucuses, repeating an often-used charge that press coverage had made him feel as though he were living in a â??fun house.â?Â

"If you notice, there hasn't been a lot of publicity on these polls I just told you about,â? he said. â??It is the first time you've heard it? Why do you think that is? Why do you think? Don't you think if the polls were the reverse and he was winning the Electoral College against Senator McCain and Hillary was losing it, it would be blasted on every television station?â?Â

He added, â??You would know it wouldn't you? It wouldn't be a little secret. And there is another Electoral College poll that I saw yesterday had her over 300 electoral vote. She will win the general election if you nominate her. They're just trying to make sure you don't."

Bubba is a disgusting piece of shit

â??'Oh, this is so terrible: The people they want her. Oh, this is so terrible: She is winning the general election, and he is not. Oh my goodness, we have to cover this up.'"

Fuckin' Bubba can't count either. Looking at the numbers:

1. Popular Vote Total

Obama = 16,685,941 or 49.1%

Clinton = 16,227,514 or 47.7%

2. If we add in the States that do not give vote totals (i.e., IA, NV, ME, WA), using estimates from the number of delegates they sit, then:

Obama = 17,020,025 or 49.1%

Clinton = 16,451,376 or 47.5%

3. If add in FL, who's votes should not count because they knowingly broke the rules, and because of that only Hillary campaigned there (despite agreements not to), then we have:

Obama = 17,262,155 or 48.3%

Clinton = 17,098,500 or 47.8%

4. Add in our estimates for IA, NV, ME, WA to the above gets us:

Obama = 17,596,239 or 48.3%

Clinton = 17,322,362 or 47.6%

5. Now let's add in MI to the total which includes FL. That's even more controversial, as they knowingly broke the rules too, and only Clinton's name was on the ballot. The other entry was "uncommitted." I am going to add in the 238,168 "uncommitted" votes, less 30% for the other candidates (a total of 166,017 votes to the Obama campaign) which seems more than fair to Clinton to me, giving us this:

Obama = 17,428,172

Clinton = 17,426,809

6. Once again, adding in the estimates for IA, NV, ME, WA to the above, Hillary gets farther behind:

Obama = 17,762,256

Clinton = 17,650,671

So, the ONLY scenario where Clinton could possibly be willing the general vote is if we assume that the Michigan votes, which all Dem candidates agreed in January should NOT be counted, are counted AND Obama did not pick up 70% of the undecideds when his name was not on the ballot in the first place. And if you assume that NONE of the undecideds voted for Obama (impossible, and highly undemocratic to assume), then Hillsy is only willing by the narrowest of margins.

Obviously, anyone truly interested in democracy would only entertain the first two scenarios.

EDIT -- Data source

Cheers,

SD

Archived