Our Limerick Contest Is Now Open!!!

Hugh_Hoy

Okay â??dudesâ?Â, the limerick contest begins today. First place prize, 1500 baht; second place prize, 1000 baht; third place, 500 baht.

Contest will be certified only if we have at least EIGHT entrants. Contest is off if this is not achieved.

Board registration date of contestants must have been made BEFORE March 1.

Limit of three entries per contestant.

Entries must be received no later than June 8.

Entries are to be submitted to "hughhoy@hotmail.com"

All entries will be posted anonymously shortly thereafter and a second thread will be posted for voting which will last about a week. (Results of voting will be made after the close of voting.)

We got some good â??warm upâ? efforts earlier, but for those who were too timid to give it a try, think again. 1000 baht can still get u a â??short timeâ? or a few beers/drinks. And the competition ainâ??t that tough . 555555555555

Good luck all.

HH

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A limerick is a five-line poem with a strict form, originally popularized in English by Edward Lear. Limericks are frequently witty or humorous, and sometimes obscene with humorous intent.

The following example of a limerick is of anonymous origin.

The limerick packs laughs anatomical

In space that is quite economical,

But the good ones I've seen

So seldom are clean,

And the clean ones so seldom are comical.

Wiki.

Only about 6 more days until the contest closes. Guys...there have only been TWO entrants in the contest so far. Contest rules stipulate that there must be AT LEAST EIGHT entrants to have the contest. Let's get those keyboards busy!!!

HH

I've just sent in two. I am thinking of another. C'mon you pussies we need 4 or 5 more entries to make it a contest. CTO? Munchie (a warm-up? Just send one in!)? Old Hippie? (Dude, you know you have one about Si Saket in you!), Julian? Let's go guys. My 1,000 baht will buy some beers at a meeting the end of June where ever the hell we meet up on a Friday! (I already sent in the 1st place winner, so go for 2nd and 3rd!) :)

It's easy once you practice a few. Get lewd and crude. These are limericks.

You know:

There once was a girl from Nantuket

etc.

5 lines. Easy. Give it a try and let's get a contest going.

Cent

Archived