Our Limerick Contest Is Now Open!!!

Hugh_Hoy

so much for trying to be a limericist...;-)

I knew a gal named Noi, she isn't very smart.

I fed her a cucumber, she thought it was a tart.

She opened her mouth real wide

then swallowed it down with pride.

Now here's my 'cucumber' for her to take to heart.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone ever seen a limerick in Thai???

There's Thai in Limerick: http://uk.holidaysguide.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-96942-thai_gourmet_limerick-i

But a limerick in Thai? That's just wrong. Proof:

[color:blue]"Bai DU-ay" Nong Icha bawk laeo

"Tae GON bai rao den la kin khao"

"Mai dai!" bawk farang

"kwaam kit nii paang paang paang"

"Mai pen rai" Icha bawk "Bai chuck wow!"[/color]

My brain hurts now.

Ah, me old mate Mr Cronkdolt! How's it hanging? It takes a limerick contest to drag you from your hidey hole?

Somchai O'Malley has needs, and the lure of sudden wealth through pointless entertainment is a heady brew. And its raining here.

Interesting limerick there. By chance you wouldn't be saying I has a small pecker now would ya?

It's not like it's a huge enormous well-kept secret, is it?

See you in the competition! May the best limerick win (mine). :smirk: :):neener::beer: :bangit:

That's a whole smiley party ya got there. Nice to have friends. Good luck, formidable opponent.

There used to be a beer bar in Santa Monica called the Fox Inn, where the legendary host would chug beer extremely fast, play the piano and sing baudy limericks.

I thought one up on the fly one night, and sang it for him. IIRC, it went something like this:

There once was a man named The Fox

who used to be shy as an ox

'till his patrons complained

he was totally lame

now he sings about snatches and cocks

He liked it, but I would never enter it into a competition because of the weakness of the second line. Really hard to find a good rhyme for 'Fox' once you've already got 'cocks' sussed out.

Suggestions welcome, although The Fox isn't around anymore and won't likely care.

A great man, and a fine role model for any aspiring drinker. :beer::rip:

Foxxy

• 2 weeks later...

Was The Fox the guy on The Man Show? He was doing something right, definitely. I'll bet he had been to Thailand.

Yes, he was on The Man Show. Don't know if he ever went to LOS, but I remember when he left for a tour of Oz in the eighties. Bar and TV show appearances.

Archived