Official - Euro 2008 -

Mentors

Football does not refer to how the ball is propelled but it is a team field sport played on "Foot" with the object of putting the ball into the oponents goaland not on Horseback as opposed to Polo, the elitists sport. The original game of football played in England involved all able bodied men of opposing villages trying to get the ball into their opponents village by any means.

They also carry the ball a lot in Rugby Football League, Rugby Football Union and Aussie Rules Football but they are all still recognised codes of football the same as American Football is. As for the word "Soccer" it is not an Americanism it is derived from Association Football and the term was first used in the UK.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mascotte_euro2008.jpg

Everday i can see more nation flags in my home town Zurich.

Small flags on cars, large ones at balconys, in restaurants which making their gardens ready for TV screens and they order much more beer as usual... :beer:

[color:blue]9 days 9 hours to wait[/color]

:soccer::_party::soccer::_party:

talk about in your face...... :(

Mentors has posted more about Football than anything else in the last few Days......

i wonder if he waould have been so vocal if the Euro's would have been held in any other Country but his own?????????????????

talk about in your face...... :(

Mentors has posted more about Football than anything else in the last few Days......

i wonder if he waould have been so vocal if the Euro's would have been held in any other Country but his own?????????????????

i was waiting for the first cynic post from Britannia.

i'm intersted in World Cup and Euro since i was a child. look back to older posts.

I don't care if my team get knocked out early, i'm not fanatic about footbal but i like to witness a tournament and a big very long party in my home town. :_party::beer:

Archived