Official - Euro 2008 -

Mentors

OMG people

I am one year off the grid and people start liking the Germans :hmmm: ROFL

I actually played football when I was young, and actually played a few times for the city selection team, I was a typical #4 whoever dared to pass by on me was in pain, in these classes there were no suspensions, lol! Anyways i stopped playing football when the boobs of my girl friend started to grow. I also played Tennis very well which is even more based on psychology.

I know all that and I agree with you 100% and still it pisses me off it happnend, simply for the reason that everyone is gloating Gary Lineckes line "Football is game where Germany wins in the end" Of course there are worse things to say about a team, but in fact this isn't even a bad team, they could play well as they have shown against Portugal and I wonder what Jogi Löw is telling them that they go out on the pitch without confidence.

In Germany we have a saying "moaning on a high level" That's probably what I am doing right now and should shut up and be happy :closemouth:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
like you i enjoyed the Game and good to see the Turks luck run out at last.

about time they lost to a late winner after all of theirs.

the Turks were the better Team and should have won but Germany were Germany.

they don't always play well but grind out results and that is a sign of a good Team.

no-one can play fantastic Football 100% of the time.

Glad to see some people who understand the game.

MaW

That's not a good team, that's a German team :D

Jokes aside, a good team would do better than scrape results together...hey, and not talking about the Germans only, in fact...I have seen good performances in this tournament but no good teams as those good performances are followed by crappy ones. IMO the teams who've gradually upped their game in the next game are Russia, Turkey and to a lesser extent Croatia. The rest's been like a rollercoaster.

As for today's semi, I'm hoping for Russia tonight, not because I'm Portuguese and would love to see the Spanish mosquitoes splashed, but...well, actually ..it is because I'm Portuguese and would love to see those Spanish mosquitoes splashed :) But also, Germany - Russia would be a classic final :up:

You are really moaning on the highest level.

Germany managed to win all games in regular time. All other teams needed extra time or even penalties. They played great against a full Portuguese squad but hardly got the credit they deserved for this superb performance. Against Turkey everybody expected a walkover but as stated these are often the toughest games. They played poorly but still managed to score 3 nice goals and win the game.

WC 1954, 1974, 1990 WC Final 1966 1982, 1986, 2002

EC 1972, 1980, 1996, 2008(?); EC Final 1976, 1992 2008 (?)

There is no better team. :beer:

CT,

In the end it IS the result that matters. Of course entertainment is something many managers, players and fans strife for but it ain't a prerequisite for success. Look at Greece 4 years ago and many more examples elsewhere. It is however as you say frustrating to watch your team play poorly if they do have the ability to put up a better performance.

The only positive I see of putting up good shows regularly is that players gain confidence for their next games. It may even result in faster development of certain skills and players, youngsters, so yeah I'll take it anyday, but it ain't a guarantee for good results.

As for my team, yeah of course I hoped to see them go further, but another thing I wanted to see, or should I say didn't want to see, is their foul play in previous tournaments. Winning the Euro2008 was topping my list of course but second was seeing them play without dirty antics and just accept losses whenever they come and however unexpectedly or undeservingly. And I'm glad I haven't seen any of that crap this year.

Same here Zaad,

Löw has the mentality that a foul is giving your oponent an advantage and your own team a disadvantage, all I know is if Lahm had fouled Kazim in minute '86 Germany wins 2:1 and we have less to discuss! If a team doesn't perform well they have to fight themselves into the game and the word fight implies an occasional foul!

i can't believe your comments Zaad......... :surprised:

coming from a Man(i presume.. :grinyes:)who knows nothing about footie and can't even decide which Team he really supports..... :doah::neener:

yes the win is more important than the performance.

supporters want to see trophies lifted and if that means boring football than so be it.

in England we had the brutal football of Leeds in the 70's and the boring football of Arsenal in the last few Years,but trophies were won.

look at the FAC Finals which Arsenal and Chelsea played against MU.

neither Team wanted to make a Game of it and just grinded out a result.

neither wanted to try and win the Game but the record books show who were the winners in the end.

my Team try and play attractive football but sometimes they have to sit back and get the result playing unattractive football.

a comfortable,comprehensive win for Spain.

their forward line looked weak tonight but the midfield took them through,Fabregas made a difference.

the Russians were strangely subdued considering they had a much younger Squad and had had more rest.

was not convinced by Torres and Villa tonight,perhaps better service provided by Fabregas might be the answer in the Final?.

Archived