Official - Euro 2008 -

Mentors

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game was another prove that there is no single team dominating the competition and all teams are facing up and downs in form and fitness. I hardly could believe it has been the same Russian team that outpaced and outclassed the Dutch just 5 days ago.

One more word to the guys criticizing Germany. Comparing the last games of Germany and Russia, both played poorly but while Germany at least showed its will to win despite having a bad day, I never had the impression that Russia will be able to turn this game around. This determination is probably the reason why Germany has more titles than every other European team.

One more word to the guys criticizing Germany. Comparing the last games of Germany and Russia, both played poorly but while Germany at least showed its will to win despite having a bad day, I never had the impression that Russia will be able to turn this game around. This determination is probably the reason why Germany has more titles than every other European team.

I wish I could say otherwise but I can't you right, few exeptions though ..(euro2000 was their black tournament) but their stats speak for itself.

I wish my teams had their determination.

This final is a lose - lose situation for me. Wouldn't want to see either lift the trophy, only consolation is that at least one of them will remain empty-handed :smirk: Maybe I favor Spain a liiiiiiiittttttttle bit because they've been the most unfortunate of the two in the past tournaments...hmm, I better not say too much or I'll have my Portuguese passport revoked :crazy:

A Portuguese crossing fingers for Spain :hmmm:

Has Ronaldo brainwashed the entire country? :rotfl:

If I was neutral i would most likely hope for Spain too, it is simply the more attractive football, having said that.. Jogi Löw promised a great and attractive game :susel:

Germans and the Torreros both have the hunger to win, it will be a draw (2:2) with a better spanish team at the extra time there will be no goals, the pnealty shoot out will decide where the Germans simply can't loose!

AWWWWWWWWW... That's what I call a sleepless night, i kept on dreaming about Ballacks right calf, :whatever:

11 hours to go and a minute feels like an hour to me.

It's amazing to read the international opinions about Germany, people seriously believe you could compare this team with the successful teams from the past and throwing in such things as strong mentality and rather poor techniques. If they knew it is the other way around and we had a whole lotta luck against the turks rather than a strong mentality. The team was underperforming due to weak mentality croatia, austria, turkey) they just been lucky that 2 of these opponents weren't strong enough to beat us in a weak moment!

In the past we used to have a stone cold defence this year we have 2 slalom cones in the middle. The team is has probably the highest skilled players we ever had, the problem is they are mostly unknown except of Ballack who finally got the attention he deserves, rumors say Scolari wants Schweinsteiger no matter what and Podolski is about to leave for Milan or ManU (rumors)..Klose is not just a striker he is also a very skilled player. I guess that's the reason why i was moaning after the turk game, because now people recognize us again as the weak performers and lucky winners again, in fact we have shown against Portugal that we can play a good ball, Germany was the better team and still they almost went into the extra time because they are mentally weak.

If Ballack is missing tonight, It could be a desaster for us, for me he is the only one who can keep Senna busy and I know people tend to gloat about EPL Stars such as Torres and Fabregas but for me Senna is the key player, he is unsectacular but oh my god so effective. here is no other player as Ballack who has the stamina and experience to keep him from what he is supposed to do which means they will be able to bring their short pass play on the pitch which is impossible to defend unless you are willing to run your heart out!

10 hours 50 minutes to go :content:

I think Germany is the underdog, but good news is here. Despite a broken rib, Frings plays tonight!!! This could be more significant than Ballack. Germany needs Frings out there. He is the solid, silent player to right the ship defensively. I don't think Fabregas and Torres can be stopped completely so I have to go 1-0 to Spain as Germany freezes up offensively.

FINAL

Germany - Spain 0:1 after 66 minutes.

But Germany get better with every minute.

Lucky for Spain, that Silva not see the red card.

Tonight, a pleasent teamwork for Euro 2008 between Austria and Switzerland will end.

A great professional teamwork for the most friendly EURO Tournament ever.

:soccer::_party::beer::_party::soccer:

Archived