Airlines May Start Treating Passengers Like Freight

Flashermac

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does this mean a kid that weighs 50 pounds, will get a reduced fare?

If a Thai lady weighs 100 pounds, does that mean she pays 1/3 the price a fat falang of 300 pounds pays?

No as I said, there is a flat fair for a seat, say £300, and for each pound you weigh you add £2.

A child will still cost less than someone who is 25 stone.

Won't work, and is wrong. You buy a plane ticket, and you buy a product/service, hence charging by weight is discriminatory. Now, if a person is so damned big, they take up 2+ seats, then yes (as the courts have ruled) you may charge them more, as they are taking up 2 seats.

Charging by weight, will lead to charging by height, then what? charging smaller people because it is not "weight/cost efficient to fly..." too many bullshit variables here, and as I said, no need to encourage these fuck wit airline managers to charge more for any and all reasons...

Why would they charge by height? Weight is the crucial factor when getting a plane off the ground, not height.

What we need is a return to the Slave galleys.

Young healthy people who fail to find a job within a realistic period of time would be made to work as galley slaves for their dole.

This would give them healthy work in the fresh air and provide a fossil fuel free means of getting around the planet.

You would only need a basic paid crew, including an "incentive management team" who would probably work for nothing AND bring their own whips, and us fatties could get to where we wanted to go at a more leisurely pace and the anti-fat fascists could have the planes to them selves.

i work with a guy who is 35 stone and his wife not much lighter.

when they fly they take up 4 seats...... :doah:

Chelseafan and i know each other and we would both agree that we are much smaller and only take up a seat each.

so my work collegue pays the same price for 4 seats for himself and his wife that CF and i would pay for 1 seat each.

seems that the Airline lose Money on 2 seats......

Won't work' date=' and is wrong. You buy a plane ticket, and you buy a product/service, hence charging by weight is discriminatory. Now, if a person is so damned big, they take up 2+ seats, then yes (as the courts have ruled) you may charge them more, as they are taking up 2 seats.

Charging by weight, will lead to charging by height, then what? charging smaller people because it is not "weight/cost efficient to fly..." too many bullshit variables here, and as I said, no need to encourage these fuck wit airline managers to charge more for any and all reasons...[/quote']

Why would they charge by height? Weight is the crucial factor when getting a plane off the ground, not height.

Because the same logic follows as charging fat people who take up 2 seats, taller people take up more room, and can make others near them less comfortable.

The fact is, sure they could charge more for heavier people/charge by weight, but that will not make a smaller person's flight any cheaper, it will just mean more money for the airline, specifically the CEO/ass clown who implements the idea.

Additionally, the price of fuel could fall through the floor tomorrow, $1.59 a gallon, the airlines will still not lower their fares, as they will still have some justification for making up the lost revenue etc...people are paying the high fares now, and thus no need to lower them if the fuel market reverses.

Quite easy to do this.

say that the airline's income from 1 flgiht to los is £120,000 (£300 per seat x 300 passengers)

Then take the gross weight of people that a plane can hold, lets say, 300 passengers x 15 stone

= 4500 stone (4.5 tonnes)

So each stone is worth £26.67.

Someone who weighs 10 stone would pay £266.67

Someone who weighs 20 stone would pay £533.33

Fair for all and a good incentive to shed those pounds....

I suppose what the airlines wouldnt then want is 300 people weiging 10 stone on the aircraft...

Archived