China: cheap as chips!

OK, I'm not in a business nor tourist mecca. I'm a couple of hours drive from Guangzhou airport.

But it is OK.

My hotel is a pretty new ~4* place, with big(!) rooms, all the expected amenities, and all for RMB286 (~US$35). The hotel has a decent restaurant (serving Chinese & Western food), free internet, some English speaking staff, a KTV and a massage (in-room option OK), and (LOL) there are condoms in the bathroom! So I guess "entertainment" is on the menu.

And across the street is a karaoke *palace*! I mean, this place is as big as the Seafood Market on Suk soi 26.

But, alas, I'm a bit under the weather (couldn't be due to the four different climates in three weeks, could it? :doah: ) to be bothered with sourcing tarts. And besides, it's raining cats-n-dogs. Just staying in. So a pussy report during a later trip, mates.

Looking around, across from the mega KTV joint, and kitty-corner from the hotel, is another place that looks like a KTV joint, what with all the neon and all. But it could be a restaurant. Regardless, it is called "Sheep General." Should I be afraid, or very afraid? LOL!

1212766125-Photo-0046.jpg

But just cuz I'm a bit under the weather, I felt I shouldnt give up my red wine for health. A botten of Mouton Cadet claret is RMB125 (~US$15), and is a highly drinkable bottle of plonk. At the same shop, a 750mL botten of Chivas is RMB230 (~US$28). A far cry from the bloody B4,800 I paid (at a bar) in KL last week!

This place could be good. Next trip I'll really suss it out.

Cheers,

SD

My hotel is a pretty new ~4* place, with big(!) rooms, all the expected amenities, and all for RMB286 (~US$35). The hotel has a decent restaurant (serving Chinese & Western food), free internet, some English speaking staff, a KTV and a massage (in-room option OK), and (LOL) there are condoms in the bathroom! So I guess "entertainment" is on the menu.

Cheers,

SD

LOL....love the "bathroom supplies".... the Chinese Hotels tend to have 2 types. Either a standard pack....or packed in a sachet of something called Man Lotion...555

Never sampled it, but if you read the pack it makes all sorts of claims about being effective against "Diseases".... I guess the condom is packed inside the sachet.....open sachet, wash Best mate.....find condom

Love the pricing structures as well:

Man Lotion (or single condom) 10RMB

Can Beer mini bar 8 RMB

Bottle Evian Water 15 - 20 RMB

286 RMB is a good rate for a 4*....but you are "In the sticks"....

Cheers DS

Some of the "Ching -lish" signs are absolute classics.... (Thx SD ...still chuckling)

Last month I had to stay in a cheap assed dump close to my Office in Shanghai...my regular Hotel was full...plus the Coys on an econ drive....(tight arsed cnuts!!)

Talk about an experience....NO ONE spoke English... they don't accept Amex....you have to pay a deposit uo front that is MORE than what your room charge will be for the number of nights you stay.....WTF!!!!!

Anyway when I arrived my local manager was with me and sorted the booking....but fcuked up and booked 4 nights instead of 5...(Upgraded to Suite)

OK Day 5 I come back to the Hotel early afternoon to use the bathroom.....and my swipe card wil not open my door...WTF!!....(and I'm busting for a crap!!!!)

Downstairs....Grrrrrrrr!!!! No English....wait.... find someone that can at least say...Hello.....

....They start asking for money..... (Turns out the "deposit" they require is more like full payment PLUS....IN ADVANCE....pricks!!!!! and because it was 1 extra day they want $$$ before I can get into my room)

Called my local Mgr....explained to him what's going on ...and told him to sort it NOW.....I was NOT happy....

Told him to tell them that if the door to my room was not open in 2 minutes, I was going to drop my trousers and shit in the Lobby....

5555555 you should have seen the faces.... those little fcukers moved like greased lightening....lol

The cutest of the receptionists was still apologising (to my local Mgr) the next day when I was checking out.....Think I might stay there again next month....might be "Fun"

LOL

Told him to tell them that if the door to my room was not open in 2 minutes, I was going to drop my trousers and shit in the Lobby....

5555555 you should have seen the faces

Typo, DS???

Should have seen the faeces??? :dunno:

:grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

Archived