some information about nightlife in Ubon?

klaasje

Its gotta be better than Udon Thani - man, that go-go we went to with 2 girls slowly gyrating around the poles was s-a-d. The beer bars made me long for nights around the fire toasting marshmallows - so happy to get back to 'my' girls in BKK after that experience. Missing them right now, matter of fact - headng down to Orchard Towers/Geylang soon to try to take the edge off this lonesome cowboy :smirk:

Udon is a town you need to spend a little time on. You're not going to get gogo bars like BKK and Pattaya but there are definitely attractions there.

A good place to start is at expat restaurants like Steve's Bar for a meal and get talking to the long term expats there.

They will point to to a few out of the way karaoke bars where the action is really on.

A little Thai language and a lot of politeness pays big dividends.

This virtually applies to any provincial Thai city.

:smirk: My first post on this forum wasn't very good indeed. Sorry for that.

So some more information. I am a enthousiastic bicyclist and I am gonna make a 5 week trip this year from Udon thani,Khon Kahn,Roi Et, Yasothon, Ubon Ratchathani and further to Pakse in Laos and ending via Phnom Penh in Siem Reap. I like to do sporty things but like also having a good time in the evening. So if anyone has information about good hotels and nightlife in Yasothon and Ubon Ratchathani, it is very appreciated. Because the budget of a bicyclist is not unlimited,I try to sleep for 1500 baht at the max. I have already information about Udon, Khon Kaen and Roi Et, but good suggestions are always welcome

1500 baht will get you the best rooms in Ubon. At night time, a young crowd that likes to have a good time hangs out there. A lot of motorcycles. As for bars, they are there. Some of the girls are not too sure what to do with farangs. Meet a massage girl in a hotel. She gave a good massage but really wanted to boom boom. Her main goal was to get a farang. Everything is in walking disatance from the bus station.

Archived