some information about nightlife in Ubon?

klaasje

klaasje,

Go here for info on a good place to eat and stay in Ubon Ratch. http://www.thai360.com/fbb/showtopic.php?tid/515185/

Specifically this post: http://www.thai360.com/fbb/showpost.php?post/534126/

It's an earlier thread in this Isaan forum here. Ask Richard (the owner of Wrong Way Cafe) about the small newer hotel right behind his restaurant. Cheap, newer, clean and just behind his place which has great food and company.

Cent

p.s. You should make Surin a stop on your biking road trip as well.

I agree with Cent's suggestion....

I stayed at the place behind the Wrong Way last year, during the Candle Festival. A/C, HW, TV and a large bed.

Wrong Way Cafe is one of the few farang places in Ubon; good food and friendly folks. However, though, Richard claims there are no other farang places in town, yet there are a few more.

• 3 weeks later...

I really doubt Richard ever said that there are no other farang places in town. I guess it depends on what you term a farang place. Limiting it to a place with an atmosphere that is most conducive to foreigners, Wrong Way may be the only farang place in town. The other contender is Enjoy on the other side of town owned by a Thai woman and her Aussie husband. Differences include food, music and general hospitality. Wrong Way has both Thai and farang food, Enjoy Thai only. There is Thai music at Enjoy while Richard and Ting have a computer full of American British and other western music along with some Thai pop. Last is the feel. At Wrong Way you feel at home. That may be a good or a bad thing.

There are a couple of other places but they are not really hangout type places.

... There is Thai music at Enjoy while Richard and Ting have a computer full of American British and other western music along with some Thai pop. ...

Tnanking you at first. You have where they locate?

Not worry to you, we not Thai copyright police.

Archived