Living in Thailand.

Kiwi

Greetings Guys,

I reside on the east coast of S.Africa and have a good mate ( we have travelled Thailand on many occassions ) who has bought a retirement home in Pattaya.

It has been a thought of mine to repeat this - however,I am sure there could be towns / cities which could be more attractive to a retiring Falang ( 52 ).The p4p scene is low on the importance scale..my wish is to secure a home in a safe,secure,and close to all the basic essentials of life...(food houses - hospital facilities etc ).

The town of Hua Hin has a calling.

The purpose of this - is to ask if there are any of you chaps who have found 'peace and serenity' where you reside in Thailand ( retired ) and let me have a piece of info. ( PM ) I shall be most appreciative of this.

Best,

Kiwi.

Check out the www.huahinafterdark.com website. They're a decent bunch over there who will answer your questions.

Do note that the hospital facilities are not as good as in Bangkok or Pattaya; you'll need to travel for anything major.

I'm quite happy in the suburbs of Bangkok, HH is a nice weekend getaway and just a little too quiet for me.

To each their own.

I also thought of moving to Hua Hin or Cha Am but still live in Bangkok after 5 years in Thailand. Up-country seems too boring to me and I don't like Pattaya. Maybe I will buy a place in Amnat Charoen (where my GF is from) but I will keep an apartment in Bangkok. I have friends that moved to Udon Thani and one in Roi Et and they seem starved for a conversation in English.

Archived