Taxi Fares Set To Increase Next Week

rickfarang

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, just imagine. The fares go up a little so the taxi companies charge a little more and customers demand goes down a little. Could mean the drivers make less than before. That's sort of a worst case scenario though.

The proposal I heard most from drivers was keeping the starting rate at 35 baht, but increasing it more after that. This way Thais would still be able to take taxis for short distances with no increase, whilst longer hauls (usually with Farangs) would cost more. Starting out with 40 baht is likely to send more Thais to riding the buses.

Drogon..... :wave:

the main word in my post was EQUIVALENT.

meaning i was not in Thailand but in the UK and paid the equivalent fare in Sterling.

a much higher price for a 7 Mile journey than i would normally pay for a 50 Mile trip from my house to Heathrow or Gatwick..... :banghead:

bloody Welsh barstards............. :cussing:

i understand people living in LOS complaining about rising prices because of the wages paid are not like that in the West.

but i cannot understand visitors moaning about an increase of 10/20 Baht from the Airport to Nana at 1pm.

many say they want to get to their destination/Hotel quickly to pick up some Poo-Ying for the Night.

these are people coming from Countries where the equivalent of 20 Baht will buy almost nothing in their own Country.

a person visiting LOS 3 times a Year will pay an increase in taxi fares roughly the same as 1 drink.........

is that such a hardship????????????????

but the same people will happily pay 4/5 times as much for a drink or taxi in their own Country and think nothing of it.

different Countries,different prices,live with it.

i don't like the prices of Petrol in the UK but what choice do i have?.

the prices will stay the same/go up no matter who is in power and nothing i can do about it.

anyway,rant over.

i expect some harsh words...... :grinyes::cover:

i've had a few of those the last few Days...... :doah:

Would they be that cruel?

While they seem to go out of their way to fuck whitey, they'll shit on each other just as quickly, especialy as they know that, rather than complain, Thai sheep just turn around and bleat "fuck me again, please".

No wonder they are time-bombs just waiting to explode. Reminds me of a T-shirt I saw on Suk this week. In big letters "TEAMWORK". The graphic below was 3 Thai guys with sticks and clubs beating some guy

Archived