Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spirit_of_town_hall

Thai festival Battersea London

Its back this year, after missing last year. Its always worth a visit.

""""The Thai Festival

British Genius Site, enter via Chelsea Gate

Sunday 27 July 2008

Experience a taste of Thailand! The Thai Festival will be a brilliant day out with entertainent for all the family. The celebration of Thai culture and lifestyle will include authentic Thai foods, craft, handmade items, and entertainment.

10am - 7pm

Entrance £3 on day, free entry for children under 120cm and Thais."""""

STH

Went to the thing in Trafalgar sq yesterday.. Great food, but dodgy stage show. Hip hop etc. Is this similar?

The one in Battersea is usually a bit better and more of a piss up?! :drunk: Wth better stage show and more stalls. The one yesterday was more of a tourist promotion and the speakers did go on a bit :smirk:

Simie.

I agree, went to the one yesterday in Trafalgar square, the one in Battersea is a lot lot better IMO.

Yesterday was just too crowded, no where to sit and enjoy the food and Singha. No Hip Hop or anything like that. Battersea is 10X better IMO.

STH

Hope the food is as good.. i spent about £20 on myself yesterday.. plus £4.50 on some durian to take to work...

I also tried some white wine, which was surprisingly good. However they only sold by the glass so I could buy a couple of bottles.

I dont know how they get away with it to be honest, if any other business, or entertainment venue had dual pricing in favour of europeans they would be facing prison or total financial ruin.

I suppose it adds to the authenticity.

STH

Why do asians do the height thing with kids - was common in Sillypore too - bloody annoying especially for Indian families.

Guest lazyphil

free for thais?...incredible anyway i'd rather have hemaroids than go to london. its a cesspool. :(