Thai festival Battersea London

spirit_of_town_hall

Glad to hear the Battersea Park one is back on again after going AWOL last year.

I missed the one at Trafalgar Square last Saturday (don't think it was really advertised enough maybe). Went to the Chinese New Year Celebrations there a few months ago. The dancing was too far away in the distance really and found it too crowded too so didn't stay long.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as much as anyone when i'm in los i find the place charming and engaging and you just live with the double pricing etc, let it go etc despite finding it annoying. but to have it here, regardless whether i'm going or not but just knowing the top brass-educated types have such arrogance to charge the barbarians but not the demur thai is just mind boggling....it has to be in breach of a race law....

Its no different from nightclubs letting women in for free and charging men...yes there is the principal of the thing, but 1) I want to be there

2) £3 isnt exactly a lot of cash.

Entrance £3 on day, free entry for children under 120cm and Thais."""""

Gee, doesn't that sound familiar? Even in falangland they overprice us :banghead:

You guys should be fighting/boycotting this event and raising hell about it all! Start charging them double!

Yes it is a breach of the race laws but if the organisers are the Thai embassy they will have immunity so its allowed.

Free for thais so what if the British Embassy organised a Brit day in Bangkok with Morris Dancers, Pearly Kings I'm sure I would not pay to get in.

STH I will try to get down

I'd pay fucking good money to see you Morris Dancing in the heat of Bangkok !

i'm debating wether to go.

price does not bother me and a chance to meet up with some old Friends.

but i only get 4 Sundays holiday a Year and maybe there will be some things more important before next April.

and Battersea is a pain to get to.......... :thumbdown:

Archived