Thai festival Battersea London

spirit_of_town_hall

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its back this year, after missing last year. Its always worth a visit.

""""The Thai Festival

British Genius Site, enter via Chelsea Gate

Sunday 27 July 2008

Experience a taste of Thailand! The Thai Festival will be a brilliant day out with entertainent for all the family. The celebration of Thai culture and lifestyle will include authentic Thai foods, craft, handmade items, and entertainment.

10am - 7pm

Entrance £3 on day, free entry for children under 120cm and Thais."""""

STH

Can't find any reference to entry charge on the siamthai web page.. You sure you weren't on a wind-up?

THE THAI FESTIVAL

British Genius Site, Battersea Park, Wandsworth, London SW11 4NJ

Sunday 27th July 2008 From 10.00 - 19.00 hrs

Entrance £3/Adult. Free for children under 1.2 in height

London's most popular Thai event is fast approaching and after missing out in 2007, this year Singha are making a bigger and better come back than ever! The Thai Festival sole aim is to highlight different aspects of Thai life and to introduce "All Thing's Thai" to the British general public. Organised by some key personel from the 2004 team, together with support from the Thai government bodies to promote Thailand.

The Thai Festival will be held on Sunday 27th July 2008 in Battersea Park's Genius Site, London SW11 4NJ. This one day spectacular will provide an exciting opportunity for everyone to learn more about Thailand, Thai people and their culture.

Thai restaurants will showcase traditional Thai dishes, prepared on the spot by Thai chefs. Visitor's will have the chance to taste a vast range of delectable Thai dishes from aromatic spicy Thai salads to a variety of curries and from authentic chili dips to mouth watering stir fries. For the sweeter palate, tempting delicate desserts and exotic fruits will also be available with on site supermarket stalls supplying all the ingredients needed to prepare a Thai feast at home. To accompany these mouth watering delights, there are freshly prepared exotic fruit juices and smoothies along with authentic Thai beers and wines to enjoy.

In addition, Thai handicraft and fruit carving demonstrations will astonish and impress, lucky dips from charity stalls, glittering performances of Thai national dances, classical music and martial arts displays will be staged throughout the afternoon to create an unforgettable authentic atmosphere of Thailand right in the heart of London.

Several Travel Marquees displaying travel brochures and guidance on top tips and how to secure the best deal to your holiday destinations in Thailand.

Thai Property Marquees will also be joining the event this year showcasing your dream holiday home.

Without a doubt, a visit to The Thai Festival is a brilliant day out, providing entertainment for all the family and is the perfect opportunity to experience the exotic culture and a taste of Thailand

BULLSHIT

http://www.menumagazine.co.uk/archive/apr08/thai_festival.html

I yahoo'd the event - seems to be a lot of competition - so I suspect the post about different prices was one by one of the competing events.

Good to see so many honest people here NOT - thanks to Barry - and NOT to Spirit of Town Hall for posting accurate information - one wonders where the $ floww :(

Hi SOTH

Well it was my friend who mentioned, I had a lengthy debate with her swearing it was £3 and free for thais and she said she had to pay £3 too, I did mention above it was free, I meant to say we all pay the same...this was 2006. As you say we will see on the day, personally it doesnt bother me, I am more worried about the loads of money I spend INSIDE :)

Archived