Thai festival Battersea London

spirit_of_town_hall

Was I the only one who thought this was a waste of time and money? £3 to get in to sit in the sun or wander around market stalls selling stuff I'd never buy or queue for ages for food and drink?

The service at the food places was atrocious and I walked away with nothing a few times having given up trying.

The highlight was the location. I never realised how nice Battersea park was.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but 2 things surprised me.

i was recognised by a Girl from Patong who told me of my activities in a when we were both socailising.

but being a Gentlemen i knew that i had never had my wicked way with her' date='indeed i didn't recognise her at all.

but she knew me and my ways.......... :hmmm:

[/quote']

Was she with anyone who knew you? Possibly put up to it to embarrass you..

i can't go into details,but she was with a friend of mine.

it seems she spotted me and pointed me out to him before he saw me.

but i know roughly when she was in Patong and i will go through the photos to see if i can spot her.

Was I the only one who thought this was a waste of time and money? £3 to get in to sit in the sun or wander around market stalls selling stuff I'd never buy or queue for ages for food and drink?

The service at the food places was atrocious and I walked away with nothing a few times having given up trying.

The highlight was the location. I never realised how nice Battersea park was.

i was there early and ate early so therefore no queues and some good food.

i bought a few things as these types of events are the only places i can get certain fruits/spices etc.

yes food and drink are expensive but to be expected in the UK.

but i've got my cooler bag which i now use for work,ideal for my drink and sandwiches.

and i was not the only Thai360 Member to walk away with one..............

but the event is a good chance to meet up with old friends.

the London contingent has not met for around a Year and good to shoot the breeze with friends.

I had no trouble with the cost of food there. Just the chaos to go through in order to get it.. I don't have much patience for queues at the best of times, but when people queue jump or form new queues or just get served out of sequence, I get fed up and walk off. And it happened more than once.

Archived