Thai festival Battersea London

spirit_of_town_hall

that is the difference,i have no interest in the Thai Totty even though there were a few cuties walking around.

and i have no wish to eat the food as i have no appetite......... :thumbdown:

to me it's a Day to see dances,costumes and hear music.

and of course the chance to hear those snippets of the Thai language as people passed by.

but a good oppurtunity to meet up with old friend and have a beer or two.

good to see SOTH,ChelseaFan,Roman,Peckieboy and some others.

good to have a chat after not seeing people for around a Year on a glorious sunny Day.

it was hot and even the Thai's were complaining it was too hot for them.......... :surprised:

but 2 things surprised me.

i was recognised by a Girl from Patong who told me of my activities in a when we were both socailising.

but being a Gentlemen i knew that i had never had my wicked way with her,indeed i didn't recognise her at all.

but she knew me and my ways.......... :hmmm:

and the 2nd thing was HORRIFIC.

BOTH BARS RAN OUT OF BEER............... :yikes::cussing::banghead: :onfire:

i like to think that Members of Thai360 drank the place dry after taking advantage of a special offer........ :beer:

and i would like to thank Peckieboy for 2 Things.

he said he owed me a Beer after i won a Footie Compie run by Zaad during the Summer and PB made sure i had a Beer on his expense........ :beer:

and he paid for the taxi back to the Railway Station despite prostestations.......... :thumbup: :applause:

a few of us sort of arranged a Christmas meet and hopefully that will come to fruition.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my dad and me are fishing a heavily weeded drain. lots and lots of raking with and old garden 'plough' on a rope and cutting the bankside jungle away. biggest fish so far this season was a 6lb tench to my dad lots of pristine chunky rudd and roach too (pike keep following fish in and grabbing. going next sunday again, further raking and clearence required and a tin or 2 of hemp to go in again... :) ....not run by any club so free and no bugger goes here just us!

Yes,other things to in the British summer than dream of places 6000 miles away!:crazy:

Mind you I'm only moaning because we can't afford to go this August :( .

Best match weight this summer 161lb 5oz:cool:

Guest lazyphil

we fished this estate lake last year near finchingfield essex, caught carp non stop all day to 15lbs, no keep nets allowed though but both must have had a huge weight, i dont think the lake had any natural food source. have you fished rockells farm at duddenhoe end?.....i did a few times many years ago, i think the british match record was broken here a few years ago, any idea or just hear say?........the fish are very gullible there!

we fished this estate lake last year near finchingfield essex, caught carp non stop all day to 15lbs, no keep nets allowed though but both must have had a huge weight, i dont think the lake had any natural food source.

So if no natural food source then they must be fed. So not much of a test of your angling skills to catch them. Yes/No?

Guest lazyphil

yes thats my point, not a test is it. hence i prefer a challenge and go somewhere more natural than commercial waters, not that i'm suggesting lustys match weight was caught at a similar water, i'm aware of his abilitys :thumbup:

(rather like testing myself to run a faster time everytime i go. not sure how i could cheat though....steroids?)

rather like testing myself to run a faster time everytime i go. not sure how i could cheat though....steroids?)

Have you tried running with a small backpack with four or five house bricks inside?

I think this is how some boxers train to increase stamina?

I'm sure Rockells produced a 600lb plus weight earlier this year to a bloke called Gary Huth.

Anyway back to Spirits original post,what I was trying to say was(was three parts pissed when I wrote my reply:drunk:),when I'm not in Thailand nowadays I try to focus on other home based interests I have rather than counting my days of until the next trip.

It took me a long time to control the addiction:crazy:

i was recognised by a Girl from Patong who told me of my activities in a when we were both socailising.

but being a Gentlemen i knew that i had never had my wicked way with her,indeed i didn't recognise her at all.

but she knew me and my ways..........

You have become famous.... :neener:

Guest lazyphil

yes one running session per week is with a back pack with 3 two litre bottles of water crammed in it. not that i have any delusions of being a boxer in anyway :crazy: (or a soldier!)

i've spent 2 years of my life in los, with 11 or so trips, one was nearly 12 months long, i've lost track actually, my passports cluttered with stamps.....i've got a grip finally, but would like to return one day :)

but she knew me and my ways.......... :hmmm:

Was she with anyone who knew you? Possibly put up to it to embarrass you..

Archived