2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dev

Cut me and I bleed [color:red]RED[/color]

The days up at the cliff with my granddad watching the holy trinity of Best Law and Charlton training with a cup of bovril in my mitts whilst taking a day off school with a wag note pops wrote for me.

That was over 40 years ago and I should be over it now, NEVER, I have a slight place in my heart for my hometown club!

We can all cry about 'Citeh's abondoning its local club status but their fans don't care.

The reality is they could put together a squad of mercenaries that will be better than Man United (as well as Liverpool and Arsenal). Some laughed at Chelsea and criticized them as well. Their fans are laughing all the way to the victory parade of two titles.

Seems like its the wave of the future. Won't be long before all the big clubs get a multibillionaire just to be able to compete with the ones that have one already.

Funny thing is as much as Arsenal is criticized for fielding a squad of foreigners its still controlled mostly by english owners and grudgingly has non english major shareholders. Its the biggest 'english' owned team in England.

I suspect Hughes will not be there long. They'll get a big name in there.

We can all cry about 'Citeh's abondoning its local club status but their fans don't care.

The reality is they could put together a squad of mercenaries that will be better than Man United (as well as Liverpool and Arsenal). Some laughed at Chelsea and criticized them as well. Their fans are laughing all the way to the victory parade of two titles.

Seems like its the wave of the future. Won't be long before all the big clubs get a multibillionaire just to be able to compete with the ones that have one already.

Funny thing is as much as Arsenal is criticized for fielding a squad of foreigners its still controlled mostly by english owners and grudgingly has non english major shareholders. Its the biggest 'english' owned team in England.

I suspect Hughes will not be there long. They'll get a big name in there.

i for one am not crying about Cities situation,not a threat as yet i see.

good talk from the owners about who they want to buy but Players need time to gel.

no CL Football for City for the next 2 Seasons i foretell.

MU have bought Berbatov but no guarantee he will fit into the Team.

but i agree Hughes might be walking,just like Keegan.

he knew nothing about the Robinho transfer and might feel undermined in the future.

maybe Keegan back to City and Hughes to Newcastle....... :nahnah:

I reckon Sparky could do well there...alot of pressure on him all the same. Agree with Kev not being offered another job...perhaps when Capello blows it he will return as England manager :)

Not too hopeful for Arsenals chances this year. I think this not buying players thing is down to not having the money, rather than wenger saying he doesnt want to buy success...

Fantastic football against Newcastle all the same. However, I see us getting beat one nil away to Stoke still...and beating Chelsea or Man U, but Man U or Chelsea winning the league still...

No faith in Liverpool also. Benitez much too negative...

Hello again, longtime no speak. :)

Archived