2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

JS...'Theo..Theo..Theo'!! Wenger's comments in the Telegraph about Theo was pretty good. Said he was just as impressed with Theo's post match interview as he was with the 3 goals. He likes the head on his shoulders. Down to earth, calm and put the goals in context.

A gooner friend of mine said that we may even start seeing referees 'protecting' Theo in the next few weeks.

Short term Citeh is not a big threat but long term, surely Man Yoo as well as the big 4 have to be worried. The new owners have money and are very ambitious and impatient. They will buy, buy and buy again, as much as they can as soon as they can to get City to lofty heights.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't buy a team...just ask chavski, but I guess a billionaire can make them contenders. Things could get interesting. Chavski must be more worried, they can be seriously out bid. Man U just doesn't have the resources available. We've relied on the genius of Fergie, but he wont be around much longer. The landscape is changing....it will be interesting to see what happens.

JS, great to see you back! Hope all is well.

I think Chelski's problem was Roman. He couldn't stop fiddling with the team. Had he just let Jose manage the team the way he wants and buy who Jose wanted to buy, I think Chelski would have won at least one of the last two titles. He wouldn't let Jose buy players he wanted and tried to get Jose to play pretty football like The Arsenal.

You can't win every season, no matter who you are. The biggest club in every league doesn't win every season.

I think you can buy a team and a title IF you're willing to let the football people run it.

Roman knows no more about football than you all on this forum. He was a fan like everyone else when he bought them.

If the Dubai consortium let the manager buy whomever they want, City will be contenders. Having that kind of money allows you to make mistakes. In the past if a big club spent 20 mil on a player, they were stuck with him for a few years. Now the Romans and Dubais of the world can write it off and sell him for a huge loss and not lose sleep over the money.

Good day yesterday for the Arse...and Chelsea and Liverpool. Ferguson looked fuming in press conference. I would say that lambasting he gave the players yesterday will put an end for this season to any sub power performance by UTD standards...

Walcott really starting to show what he can do...great stuff CS...Nasri looks good also. I just feel we need another player in midfield. Need to become tighter at the back also.

I think we need a dominating defensive center mid. Denilson is one for the future perhaps but I don't think for a season right now as a starter. Maybe Diaby will be better. Probelm for me with Diaby is he goes forward great, good dribbler, but isn't as defensively minded. He looks like Vieira but doesn't defend like him.

Song may be the pick of the bunch, who knows. I was hoping we'd get Appiah but it doesn't appear to be so. That Brizilian Mineiro (sp?) is rumored to be on trial with us. 33 though so we'll need someone next season and at that age I don't think he can play every match with our high tempo game.

Terry red carded and deserving as well. He's a nasty player at times. Vidic as well. Both nasty. You do want a bit of a nasty streak in a center back to some extent, but sometimes both of them go too far.

The British press are in love with Terry so you won't hear much about that.

Happy that the scousers won obviously, both Vidic and Terry out for the clast the Bridge. A draw will be good for the Arsenal.

Archived