2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

Teddy,

Do you think it will be your year this year?

In all honestly, no, we still don't have enough world class players :(

The year after we maybe in with a chance when we unleash Krisztián Németh onto an unsuspecting PL, he's going to be the dogs bollocks. :)

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Answer Teddy, nice to see a Liverpool fan being realistic. :thumbup:

Its a sad reflection of the English game that Euro 2008 is ongoing and we are looking forward to the EPL 2008-2009 season and on top of the the world class players referred to in the EPL present and future are non English.

Good Answer Teddy, nice to see a Liverpool fan being realistic. :thumbup:

Its a sad reflection of the English game that Euro 2008 is ongoing and we are looking forward to the EPL 2008-2009 season and on top of the the world class players referred to in the EPL present and future are non English.

and everyone blames McLaren for England's failure to qualify for Euro 2008.

look at managers like Mourinho,Benetiz,Wenger and the amount of English Players they have bought or nurtured.

Fergie has been the same done get me wrong but he does try to get English Players through the ranks but it they are not good enough then end of story.

Fergie and Wenger do try but have to let Players go,look at the amount of rejected Players from both Teams playing elsewhere.

just not good enouh for MU or Chelsea but good enough elsewhere.

Scolari joins Chelsea and it is said he has a huge war chest.

but how many are English???????????????

easy to pay inflated prices for Players who are coming for a huge wage packet.

Two things..Aston Villa need two qualify for Europe and if possible try not to concede as frikkin many goals as they did last season. A tighter defence would generate a shitload more points.

That's what I expect from my team. :up:

True.

Mellberg is a loss and hopefully Barry will stay.

We had a very small squad last season and were a little fortunate we had very few injuries along the way. We may not be that fortunate again so i really do hope..expect actually..to see at least 3 new signings and if Barry goes a couple more.

If Agbonlahor and Young go European football will be a few steps too high for us. Look at the likes of Portsmouth, Spurs, Newcastle, Everton, Blackburn..I'd fear we couldn't compete with them unless we BUY! :)

Archived