2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

i've given up going to football on a regular basis these days.

but i understand people who want to go for the first time or take kids to a game.

That's a puzzling statement' date=' sounds like you are saying that you don't understand why any football fan would want to go the match every chance he/she gets.

I have missed only 2 home games this season because of travel to Dubai and each time I have been utterly pissed off.

Sounds like you are pissed off with football altogether :dunno:

[/quote']

i think i've just fallen out of love with going to games in person.

i've been to OT once for a oompetetive game this season and that was the first time since 2000.

i was born in the greater manchester area but moved away when i was a few months old.

but Utd are in my blood and always will be.

you are lucky being back in the liverpool area and able to attend games on a regular basis.

for me it is a 500 mile round trip and much expense.

if i lived near OT i don't think i would go to most games as it's not the most important thing in my life.

BTW........congrats to Paul Scholes for making his 600th appearance for Utd........ :applause::bow:

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my first instinct was a pen but after watching a zillion replays it became very debatable.

but we have the benefit of many replays and from different angles.

but the refs only have one chance to make a decision and it's a hard job.

i certainly wouldn't want to do it and i don't believe any of us here could say they would never make a mistake if in that position.

but saying that Utd really turned the screw the 2nd half and were outstanding at times.

made a change..................

Archived