2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

Villa are a Team with a problem.

if Barry does leave for say 15 Million then other Teams will put up prices for Players they are interested in.

they will know Villa have the cash to spend and unless Lerner puts his hand in his pocket then they might not get the Players.

same problem at MU.

when Ronaldo goes for megabucks will the Glazers take the cash to help pay off some of the debt or give Alex the cash to spend?.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronnie is going nowhere

What united have is a solid back four (even wes did well) probably the tightest defence in Europe over the past 35 years and all on long term contracts. A tight back line allows the rest of the team to be adventurous!

Ronnie is going nowhere.......

......except to Real Madrid...... :surprised:

by Martin Lipton, Chief Football Writer, In Zurich, The Mirror

Cristiano Ronaldo edged closer to the Old Trafford exit last night as he revealed he has lost patience with Manchester United.

United have taken a bullish stance over Real Madrid's aggressive pursuit of the Portuguese superstar, briefing over the weekend that Ronaldo (left) was starting to accept he will not be allowed to leave this summer.

But a close friend said: "Ronaldo has made his mind up now and feels it is just time to wait before he announces what he will do - which is to go to Madrid."

Real are prepared to plus Brazilian attacking midfielder Robinho once Ronaldo clarifies his intention to quit English football.

And he has made it clear that United's tactics will not work.

"The announcement about Cristiano's future will be the next step, but it won't happen until the end of Euro 2008 for him and Portugal," added the insider.

"At the moment he's trying to work out what United are playing at and why they're saying what they're saying, because it's simply not right.

"He is determined to be the master of his own future.

"The decision has been made and now it's a case of everybody getting in position for the future - even if United aren't yet ready to sit down and talk to Real."

Ronaldo's hardline stance has encouraged Real to step up the pressure on United, with Robinho's potential move in part-exchange the Spanish champions' latest negotiating position.

United were so incensed with Real's public interest they reported the Spaniards to FIFA - although that came to nothing as the governing body announced they would take no action.

Now Real sporting director Predrag Mijatovic and transfer market supremo Jose Angel Sanchez have been put on standby to fly to Manchester and open formal talks with United the moment Ronaldo publicly states his wish to leave Old Trafford.

Despite Sir Alex Ferguson's determination not to sell, a message reinforced by chief executive David Gill, Real are insistent that the Premier League champions will realise they have no other option by the end of Euro 2008.

is there a transfer window worldwide?.

i know in the UK it's normally the end of August and if so and i was in charge than Ronnie would not be allowed to leave,sent to the reserves and fined for every breach of contract.

i hear rumours that Alex will walk if Ronnie is sold over his head and i would have to agree with him.

i would have to agree with him and would end my love affair with MU if Alex walks away in disgust.

time for MU to take a hard line and lay down the law to Ronnie.

but what the Manager and the Fans want might not be what the Glazers want............

Teddy,

This papertalk about whether Ron is going or not has been going on for weeks now.

Spanish paper Marca started it all some time back and we all know that Marca are just an outlet for Real to poach their targets. Every other newspaper is trying to make a quid or 2 by by speculating about this.

Personally I don't care if Ronaldo leaves, but I will tell you that if he does he's a dickhead. He can move to Madrid and make a squillion dollars or he could stay and be adored for the rest of his life by a club and by fans who don't forget their legends. I know what I would choose!

Anyway, United are bigger than any superstar so whatever he does doesn't really bother me.

Sayjann,

Same crap going on in Holland..Sneijder moved from Ajax to R Madrid for 25-30 million or so now clubs raised prices for potential replacements and not just by a couple million more :dunno:

devilsreject,

Agree, if he (Ronnie) does leave he's a dickhead. I don't see him growing as a player there..and at Man U I do. Would be a waste if he does go. I surely hope not!

Robinho is not a same for same replacement if it happens but he's an exciting player. Wenger has been trying to buy him and for me there is no greater endorsement for the man with the best eye for talent in the game.

That said, I can understand the frustration of fans when your best player wants to go. We went through it but at the end of the day its Ronaldo's choice and it would be wrong to force him into indenturehood. Yes, he signed a contract but why keep a player who is not happy?

Ronaldo admired Real Madrid long before he went to Man Yoo. Man Utd fans at the pub I go to have told me of rumors he's never really settled and early on he was not well liked by teammates, especially RVN. As a rival, I'd love to see him go. However, if he stays it may not be any consolation. You may have an unsettled and deeply unhappy player on the squad and it may show on the pitch. Man Yoo may be smart to get the money for him now rather than pay a player a shed-load of money that is playing like kaka and I don't mean the Brazilian.

Its a bit arrogant to think man yoo is the end and be all of club football. Its a club, great history, but still a club. Not everyone would love to play their entire career there in adoration, same with Liverpool, Arsenal and every other club.

I've heard that Berbatov may be off and RVN is being seen as a replacement. I'd not like to see that as a gooner.

Scolari at Chelsea is interesting. Will he have time for big buys? Not much time for an assessment of the squad.

History before our eyes with Hull in the top division.

Lots of exciting things each season. I'm cautiously optimistic but with Flamini gone, Hleb and Adebayor rumored to be off, it can't be a confidence boosting situation for Arsenal fans.

Teddy,

That's new to me. Will read the paper tomorrow morning. If true, well, he's no Barry but he'll be a good addition for us. Strong, calm on the ball, hard-working, controling defensive md. That's the impression I have of him, yeah he's ok.

Archived